Thoughts on Levitate and Love You Like Mad and the "what if" ATYCLB tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
Thoughts on Levitate and Love You Like Mad and the "what if" ATYCLB tracklist

These two songs don't get the same kind of praise Xanax, Smile or Flower child get, but they're my two favorite from the unreleased stuff.
I was just thinking how much better an album ATYCLB could have been. I really like it but it's not at the top of my U2 Albums list.Contrary to popular opinion, i thought it was a step down from POP.
After BD,ELEV.,WALK, & KITE Levitate and LYLM are better than the remaining tracks on the album. I know they don't necesseraly fit the style of ATYCLB (they sound more like stuff from PoP or AB) but I like an albums with lots of variety, ie;PoP & Zooropa. Imagine this ATYCLB line-up:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
3. Elevation
4. Walk On
5. Levitate
6. Kite
7. Flower Child
8. Love you like Mad
9. When I Look at the World
10. New York
11. Peace on Earth

Last edited:
Oops guess I posted on the wrong forum. Moderator,
Could you move this thread to EYKIW?

Re: Thoughts on Levitate and Love You Like Mad and the "what if" ATYCLB tracklist

salim117 said:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
3. Elevation
4. Walk On
5. Levitate
6. Kite
7. Flower Child
8. Love you like Mad
9. When I Look at the World
10. New York
11. Peace on Earth

Personally I really like In a Little While and Wild Honey... try this on for size:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck in a Moment (there's no reason for the song title to be so bloody long. forget the You Can't Get Out Of. it's st00pid.)
3. Elevation
4. Kite
5. In a Little While
6. Levitate (with some revision... lyrical changes and maybe a bit more "ooph" at the end)
7. New York
8. When I Look at the World
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
10. Love You Like Mad
11. Flower Child
12. Walk On

Just made that up... maybe I should actually try listening to it. I also really like LYLM and Levitate...LYLM is very catchy (especially the chorus) and Levitate goes totally AB in the middle...plus it has Bono's favourite lyric...again :wink:

Re: Re: Thoughts on Levitate and Love You Like Mad and the "what if" ATYCLB tracklist

AtomicBono said:

Personally I really like In a Little While and Wild Honey... try this on for size:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck in a Moment (there's no reason for the song title to be so bloody long. forget the You Can't Get Out Of. it's st00pid.)
3. Elevation
4. Kite
5. In a Little While
6. Levitate (with some revision... lyrical changes and maybe a bit more "ooph" at the end)
7. New York
8. When I Look at the World
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
10. Love You Like Mad
11. Flower Child
12. Walk On

Just made that up... maybe I should actually try listening to it. I also really like LYLM and Levitate...LYLM is very catchy (especially the chorus) and Levitate goes totally AB in the middle...plus it has Bono's favourite lyric...again :wink:

I actually like it!Taking out POE for either Wild honey or In a little While
feels right. both are good songs. Love GBHF!

New York has the worst lyrics of any U2 song. I'd keep Peace instead, but I like the tracklisting AtomicBono came up with. Still, the album has the problem that it has always had. Where are the rockers?

Niceman said:
New York has the worst lyrics of any U2 song. I'd keep Peace instead, but I like the tracklisting AtomicBono came up with. Still, the album has the problem that it has always had. Where are the rockers?

How bout the referance to the Titanic...that is an amazing lyric about the poeple that were heading to New York and America to start a new life.

I disagree, ATYCLB is fine as it is, and Love you like mad or Levitate's music wouldn't fit.

Flower child is a much weaker attempt at 60's sound like Wild honey was.

Xanax and wine is simply a rockier version of Fast cars, with some added lyrics. Like them both.

Smile has potential, but IMO it sounds like the early version of Mercy.

I love the album like it is too but here's an alternate version I would like too:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck In A Moment
3. Elevation
4. Walk On
5. Kite
6. In A Little While
7. Summer Rain
8. Levitate
9. Love You like Mad
10. New York
11. Stateless

I have a playlist I call ATYCLB2.0

1. Beautiful Day
2. When I Look at the World
3. Big Girls Are Best
4. Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
5. Walk On (UK Single Version)
6. Ground Beneath Her Feet
7. In a Little While
8. Wild Honey
9. New York
10. Kite
11. Peace on Earth
12. Always
13. Flower Child

This listing made me appreciate songs like When I look at the world, New York, and Peace on Earth more. I don't know why.

My iPod tracklisting:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Kite
4. Stuck in a Moment
5. Levitate
6. Love You Like Mad
7. New York
8. In a Little While
9. Wild Honey
10. When I Look at the World
11. Summer Rain
12. Walk On

Beautiful Day
Levitate (makes much more sense coming after BD than Stuck does)
Walk On
Kite
Ground Beneath Her Feet
Elevation
Wild Honey
Electrical Storm (Orbit)
Stuck (acoustic, which leads nicely into..)
Original Of The Species (kicking around from atyclb sessions cso it could have made the cut in theory)

U2girl said:
I disagree, ATYCLB is fine as it is, and Love you like mad or Levitate's music wouldn't fit.

Flower child is a much weaker attempt at 60's sound like Wild honey was.

Xanax and wine is simply a rockier version of Fast cars, with some added lyrics. Like them both.

Smile has potential, but IMO it sounds like the early version of Mercy.

I agree with U2Girl....!!

Back
Top Bottom