Thoughts About The Lovetown Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

See my diehards overhyping this tour comment. :wink:

Best performances is the only one I disagree with quite a bit. They had some great ones, but every tour has. I cant say Lovetown had the absolute best over all of them.

Best vocals, maybe, I think Unforgettable Fire would give it a run for its money though.

I agree - and also think everything about Lovetown was as slack and jumbled as Edge's Lovetown-look. I don't get it. I think the NYE boot sounds soul-less.. I always assumed it was a bad recording - and i heard it live on the radio. I would rate the UF tour, JT tour, ZooTV from that period way above Lovetown. It was a poor mans Joshua Tree tour with a brass section*

(At the time I still sulked for a week because aged 17 I wasn't allowed to go over on ferry to one of the Dublin gigs!)

*ask me in the morning.. i'll probably have changed my mind...

corianderstem said:

No one knows what the heck I'm talking about? About Adam saying how they couldn't keep doing those shows? :(

If I remember the quote correctly (and that's a big if), it referred to the conditions and pressure the band were under. I don't think the varied sets were what caused that; rather, the stress of travelling, of doing so many nights in one city, and most importantly of of needing a new, creative musical direction due to being tired with where they were.

U2girl said:
Best vocals :

Zoo TV
Lovetown/JT
Vertigo

Lovetown before Vertigo - now way. Just remember the shows at Amsterdam or Dortmund '89 and you might judge, how Bono must have suffered.
During Vertigo we finally have the LV back in splendid form - real great news for the singer, his band and his fans ...

"His voice was realy amazing on Vertigo tour, the 5th leg was a bit Lovetownish He pushed his voice alot on that leg. And also how many tours does he hold HIGH notes fro 5-11 seconds("sing" 8 sec, trocuh 5 sec, l'amoure 11 sec...), use a falsetto like he did in the Highway to hell snippet on Vertigo(2006-11-18), hitting the high Don't you look back" note on WGRYWH and and I think he has never hold the high Wide Awake part for so long like he did on Vertigo tour(2005-12-04 - Boston). His vertigo voice was amazing." - Peterrrr

I was at the Vertigo show on the 18th November and the Highway to Hell snippet was AMAZING! :) I remember being awestruck by Bono's voice... as were my friends. :D

Do you have a link to the audio of Boston Vertigo performance of Bad, Peterrr? If you do, would you mind sending it to me? I would love to hear it (my fav song)! Thanks so much! :)

achtunggirl219@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom