Thoughs on HTAAB after many months of listening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good review in the original post. I agree with most of it except a few imprtant things (to me). I think COBL is a bit better than your current feelings on it, same with Miracle Drug.

Crumbs From Your Table is already a classic, at least here on Interference. :)

And finally, Mercy is the best song to come out of the HTDAAB sessions in my most humble of opinions. ;)

After nearly a year of listening I can honestly say I think it's U2's second best effort. Only Achtung Baby tops it. I like HTDAAB more now than I did way back in November or January or May.

Originally posted by Lancemc And finally, Mercy is the best song to come out of the HTDAAB sessions in my most humble of opinions. ;) [/B]

I so agree with that. Hopefully it sees the light of day on the next album. I'm still so baffled at the decision to cut the track from the album.

I've slowly fallen in love with Dismantle for a few reasons.

1-I took the time to compare it to my other favorites: ATYCLB, JT, and AB. I compared each song and found Dismantle easily surpassed ATYCLB and AB but not quite JT.

2-Each and every song (yes, even One Step Closer) has grown on me so much. My favorites off the album now go-
1-COBL
2-Love and Peace
3-Miracle Drug
4-Crumbs
5-Original/Fast Cars (tie)
7-Vertigo
8-Sometimes
9-All Because of You
10-One Step Closer
11-Yahweh

Since purchasing the album, I've seen the band live and joined the ONE campaign. That is why Love and Peace has struck such a strong chord in my heart since my first listen to it. I originally figured "Oh, it's just another Bullet The Blue Sky, just not as good..." but it was rocking live, and it sends out a perfect message. The whole ONE campaign made me realize how much this album is actually geared towards the greatest goal anyone could achieve-world peace, and the fact that nobody in Africa would ever die of starvation again! Miracle Drug and Crumbs were originally lower on my list but they reached the top 5. I've always loved OOTS, and I think it works well with COBL.

All in all it's slowly becoming my favorite U2 album, riding on the coattails of JT.

Back
Top Bottom