Those of you that ordered HTDAAB from Amazon.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still nothing.

I just emailed them again. Am I being too pushy? ;) Or just damn impatient!

I received my copy of the Collector's Edition today. (I'd already bought another copy at Best Buy, because I was confused by Amazon's message that it was out of stock.)
Sicy, you're not being pushy OR impatient! Amazon seems to have slipped in the last couple of years regarding how quickly their orders get sent out.

Grrr

^^Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I've checked into your order and see that your items are on hand and ready to ship. I apologize for the unexpected delay.

Rest assured, your shipment should still arrive by the delivery date estimated in Your Account: November 30, 2004. We will send you an e- mail at the time of shipment confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

Please accept our apologies for this shipping delay. Although it certainly cannot make up for the inconvenience this has caused, we would like to give you a $5.00 promotional certificate for use toward your next Amazon.com order. When you redeem this certificate, please be sure to use the shopping cart rather than ordering via 1-Click.

You will find all of the details below. Simply print this certificate or save the message on your hard drive for future reference.

Thanks once again for shopping at Amazon.com. We hope you enjoy your order.

I ordered it form amazon.co.uk and it was in my mailbox the 23rd november. I live in Norway so i think this was quick.

I received everything I ordered from Amazon.

What I found funny on the regular CD version I got from Amazon was that it had a sticker on it that said "Featuring Vertigo & All Because of You.

I'm STILL waiting for my shit to be shipped :madspit:

Never ordering from Amazon again.

I don't understand ...i ordered my special edition DVD/Book from Amazon.com on Nov 23... They told me on the 24th it was shipped and to my shock it arrived yesterday..although i was not home to sign for it so i had to wait til today to get it...but that took only 48hours when my estimated time of delivery was Nov 26th -27th... So in my case it took less time to get it. Although i did buy an extra copy yesterday, at Future Shop (was amazed they had it actually ) because i read here that Amazon was being difficult...then i see a paper on my door when i get home from work...i was like doh!...lol oh well i will give the extra copy as a special Christmas gift :dance:
Sorry for everyone thats having problems...i really hope it comes soon for everyone its soo worth it :dance:

angel that is crazy.. I am jealous now! :scream:

They think offering me $5.00 off my next purchase is supposed to make me happy or something. I just want my damn CD!

Mine hasnt even shipped!! I dont think I've ever been more pissed off at myself for ordering from Amazon. :(

Go buy it at Best Buy Sicy and cancel your order with Amazon...if it hasn't shipped, they haven't charged your credit card yet. Tell Amazon to shove it :down: :mad:

That's awful, Sicy. All of my transactions with Amazon have been great. I received my Collector's Edition on the 23rd; I couldn't have bought it sooner in a store, as I'm in Canada. (I think I might still be waiting.) Amazon UK has been great as well. I ordered the DVD single from them, and had it in 3 days. I was amazed! I wonder what the problem is with your order. Sounds weird to me. No wonder you're pissed off.:(

I'm concerned that I wont be able to find the collectors edition anywhere.. that's why I ordered from them in the first place. :slant:

Also .. they SAY my order is ready to be shipped, and someone else had tried to cancel their order while it was ready to be shipped and they said no :mad:

I've checked into your order and see that your items are on hand and ready to ship. I apologize for the unexpected delay.

:madspit:

Mine's arrived (Toronto).

Best of luck to the rest of you. :)

Well I just got the notice that it shipped and they charged my CC. It's about freaking time :rant:

Sicy i really hope it comes soon...and IMO you deserve more the a 5$ certficate Amazon took way too long...thats ridiculous.
Anyways best of luck you deserve it :)

Finally! My BF just called to say it was delivered to my house by UPS.. which is weird because I selected priority US mail.. hehe they must have put a rush on it cuz I bitched so much :angel:

Hey Sicy, funny I was worried about not getting the Collector's Edition too. Luckily I didn't order from Amazon, but I did go down at 9:00a.m. last Tuesday to Best Buy to get one! However, I was at Tower Records (in Sacramento) on Sunday, and they had at least 6 to 8 copies left, on sale. Sooooo.........I assume people can still pick them up around the country.

Glad to see you got it...and my wife is Sicilian and when she bitches to retailers she gets what she wants too!!:ohmy:

If you shout... said:
Mine finally arrived, as well! Hallelujah....too bad the DVD is terrible, eh?

I was expecting a little more from the DVD (got mine from Amazon yesterday, woo!) but any shortcomings are made up for by the Temple Bar mix of Vertigo. :D Absolutely hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom