Those crazy bon jovi fans..at it again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream wanderer

Acrobat
First of all..a disclaimer. I like Bon Jovi..I really do. I like some of his fans..but there is a particular group of his fans I think might have a little problem..

I don't know if anyone remember the online voting that went on a few years ago concerning an award show on Vh-1? It was neck and neck between Bon Jovi and U2. Someone said they were cheating..I have no idea if anyone was cheating or not but I do remember Dave Matthews wound up winning the award. Remember all that..I do remember being quite angry at the time.

There is a silly poll on the Brit Mag Hello site concerning 'the most attractive man'. Orlando Bloom (Legolas from LoTR, Will Turner from Pirates of the Carribean) is apparently the hot young thing of the moment, has legions of fans all over the world and was doing rather well..but apparently some Bon Jovi fans couldn't stand it and are up to their old tricks again. That is of course if they were ever up to any 'tricks' to begin with.

Are they so competitive as all that? To win something their guy will probably never know about? Would we do such a thing if Bono were up in an online poll somewhere..go crazy?

My daughter is a fan of Orlando...I admit I felt like logging on and doing a few clicks for him myself..

I"m not telling anyone to vote or who to vote for of course..you all are to mature to get mixed up in all that..

But I have to admit that it still grates on me a bit when I think about it...

I know, don't want to start up any old wars.....let it go. ;)

But would we do that for Bono?

dream wanderer

;) :bono: WE don't need to do anything-Bono either wins it fair and square, because he Earned it-or forget about it!!! You know the saying, "Money talks, and _ _ walks..."!:wink:

First of all, I can't stand Bon Jovi. But that being said, I think this whole "war" between the fans when it comes to Internet voting is ridiculous. I'm sure fans on BOTH sides were guilty of voting multiple times (supposedly it is very simple to do - you just have to disable your cookie, or whatever you call it) - so getting all miffed because the other side "cheated" is the height of hypocricy.

I just have this to add when that voting thing for the VH! awards went down I went and voted for u2 a few days before the voting ended and got a results page after I voted instead of a "thank you for voting page"and u2 was ahead of Bon Jovi and Dave Matthews so I definately think cheating was going on by both Bon Jovi and u2 fans!!!!!!!

of course we cheat

I visit a lot @u2.com, and whenever there's a poll with Bono or U2, they post the site and we all vote for our heroes
Someone's gotta do it, don't you think?

Besides, what else can we do, beg?

Heh, I remember hearing about that war-my sister was a Bon Jovi fan at that time (still is), and she would complain to me all the time about it (thankfully, she was not in that little group of Bon Jovi fans you mentioned).

Anywho, I personally wouldn't act that way. I'd go and vote, but I wouldn't get all competitive and crazy about it.

But, if some choose to act that way...:shrug:. Whatever.

Angela

Does anybody think Bono would have been the runaway winner of Time's person of the year if not for multiple voting?;) I know myself the girls on zootopia were bragging about voting several hundred times each. Those dull political types never stood a chance:D

:rolleyes:

Well ..apparently the Bon Jovi fans are pulling ahead. Way ahead.

I think I might join in the next time if they go up against Bono.

dream wanderer

Moonlit_Angel said:
It doesn't seem like much of a victory when people cheat, though. I'd rather each person vote once, and then if their person wins, the victory's true, and they won fair and square.

Angela

:yes:

True :up: I think everyone justifies cheating by telling themselves the other side is doing it too, but if no one did it then it would really be fair!

I was at the Baltimore show just before the VH-1 awards, and if I had met the band one of the things I wanted to tell them was that they were going to lose all the awards and that it wasn't their fault. I remember the thread when we found out the Bon Jovi fans were cheating, and the Interferencers begged KevM to make them a program so we could all cheat too and avoid cookies and stuff. But I only voted once :angel: I remember someone posting a link to the Bon Jovi board when they discovered our secret thread and someone posted a link to it. They then went to VH-1 and ratted us out. Yes the U2 community cheated but they all did so it wasn't fair just our votes were disqualified when the Bon Jovi fans turned us in:grumpy:

Last edited:
Yeah, that whole thing was crazy. Music is music-to have all this competition over it to that extreme is insane. I'd love it if U2 won every award they were up for, and if they do, I'm happy as heck. But if they don't, yeah, it's a bummer, but they've gotten many awards before, so if they lose one or two, it's not the end of the world. They handle it gracefully, the fans can, too.

Angela

You have to cut them some slack.

They are Bon Jovi fans, after all. Expectations should be low. :wink:

:lol:

Hmm. In case anyone is interested the Orlando fans seemed to have pulled ahead.

Go them. ;)

dream wanderer

Hmm..sorry to double post. Orlando has gone so far up in the poll so quickly that I'm starting to get suspicious. It started not long after I started this thread. None of you here are secretly voting for him are you? Surely none of you would stoop so low and hold a grudge against the Bon Jovi fans after all this time..would you?

:eeklaugh:

Don't get me wrong. I certainly wouldn't think less of anyone if they were. I honestly would think it rather funny.

dream wanderer

I suppose what goes around comes around. The Orlando Bloom fans apparently beat the Bon Jovi fans at their own game. I don't know if anyone here voted (I'm still suspcious of that sudden lead Bloom had right after I posted here) but thanks in case you did. ;)

dream wanderer

Back
Top Bottom