Thom Yorke quoting "Please" live...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homerpalooza

Acrobat
I just downloaded a Radiohead boot of their recent show at Earl's Court, London. At the end of "I Might Be Wrong", Thom sung a bit of a song that sounded oddly familiar to me. A few seconds later, I was jumping around the room as I realized he was quoting from "Please"! And so I bring you an MP3 I converted from the original SHN:

Radiohead - "I Might Be Wrong (live, 11-27-03)"

Thanks, Homerpalooza! That was great.

I don't know why people insist Radiohead aren't influenced by U2. Even Thom Yorke has stated he's a huge fan of U2, and Jonny Greenwood has said he's been influenced by Edge. If The Unforgettable Fire, for example, had never come out, I'd bet Radiohead's music would have been quite different.

Anyone remember the Tibetan Freedom Concert? They were interviewing Thom while U2 were on stage playing 'One'. Anyway, the interview was totally shot because of it. Thom could hardly concentrate on the interview. He kept closing his eyes, going into this trance like state, weaving back and forth, trying to answer the questions every so often. The Much Music VJ doing the interview just started laughing, and said something like, "I take it you like this song?" To which Thom replied, "Yes, I'm a big fan." It was a classic moment.

Wow, that performance of "I Might Be Wrong" is much cooler than the one on, uh, I Might Be Wrong. Faster pace, trance-like riff. The bit from "Please" is a great way to finish it too.

Last edited:
Hey, I can't seem to be able to download that. How are you meant to do it?

Homerpalooza said:
I just downloaded a Radiohead boot of their recent show at Earl's Court, London. At the end of "I Might Be Wrong", Thom sung a bit of a song that sounded oddly familiar to me. A few seconds later, I was jumping around the room as I realized he was quoting from "Please"! And so I bring you an MP3 I converted from the original SHN:

Radiohead - "I Might Be Wrong (live, 11-27-03)"

That was awesome. Thanks Homerpalooza!!:up:

Axver said:
Hey, I can't seem to be able to download that. How are you meant to do it?

What happens when you click on the link? Does it take you to a folder containing the file, or do you get an error?

I think Radiohead and U2 are in the same mutual admiration society I think it is some of radioheads fans who are not keen on U2 and vice versa. I love when Thom dances.

Homerpalooza said:
What happens when you click on the link? Does it take you to a folder containing the file, or do you get an error?

Ah, no need to worry. Just took me to the folder and I've got it downloading now. Thanks for this!

the link takes me to an elliot smith file.:|

err.....do you still have it?
thanks.:wink:

One or two of the members of Radiohead mentioned how much they loved Stuck In A Moment. Perhaps that song is quite sacred to them and they don't want to murder it. Hence the weak selection of a U2 song to quote in PLEASE. At least there isn't much to murder anymore with a weak song.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
One or two of the members of Radiohead mentioned how much they loved Stuck In A Moment. Perhaps that song is quite sacred to them and they don't want to murder it. Hence the weak selection of a U2 song to quote in PLEASE. At least there isn't much to murder anymore with a weak song.

Cheers,

J

Dude, you must be fun to be around.

SkeeK said:
I want to hear this A LOT!!! where'd the mp3 go?

Somebody stole it.

No, I'm serious. One of you guys, rather than copying it to your hard drive, cut and pasted it into a folder on your hard drive or something. Or you just flat out deleted it on purpose.

I'll try to put another copy up later, but I don't really feel comfortable about it anymore.

That?s impossible, unless you somehow enabled public write access to the dir, but that would be a really silly thing to do.

Homerpalooza said:

To tell you the truth, I don't know how to disable it.
Um, can I humbly suggest that you have no business running an FTP server then?

Anyway, I reuploaded it since I still had it around.

What you need to do is create a public account that only has read privileges. Your personal account will have both read and write privileges, but don't give out your password publicly (as you did here). Which server are you using? Read the documentation and get all this stuff sorted out before going public with it.

Last edited:
that's so cool...i love radiohead, and please is one of my very favorite songs. thom just did the ol' mumbling lyric thing...heh...so yeah, he messed 'em up, but cool anyways!

now a screen comes up that wants a password.

can anyone just put up an mp3 of this?

thanks.:wink:

sue4u2 said:

JOFO,
I don't know how to put it up as an mp3, but will be happy to send it to you if you like.

you're a sweetheart.:wink:

err.....how do we do that?:reject:

Thom is one of the few people who could fill Bono's boots if he ever fell ill - hope he never gets ill though!

Creep in Elevation - Please in I Might be Wrong..hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom