This thread will get me flamed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Arun V:
that wasn't mollestation...just overzealotry

when he picked up Bono i'm sure his muscles were, um , 'flexed'
wink.gif

Sicy that was brilliant...and I'm not being sexist..he can pull girls up to play on stage..what's sexist about that?

So the girls who don't know how to play guitar just don't/shouldn't have another option to get on stage?

The few retards who made a mess when dancing with Bono should not penalize or prevent the rest of us more mature folks from dancing with him.

And suppose someone gets pulled to play guitar, and they play real shite, or just act afool - that would be overdone/tacky/boring to those who didnt enjoy the exchange. So therefore, should this be done away with too?

Thank goodness we are not the decision makers! LOL!

Apparently, U2 does think women should be onstage to dance, sing, play, etc.. else they would not have picked female musicians to be the opening act.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
So the girls who don't know how to play guitar just don't/shouldn't have another option to get on stage?

I might point out that the guys "don't have any other option" to get on stage either! It bugs me when people say that giving both sexes an equal chance is sexist because it was easier for women. Go ahead and say that it is Bono's choice who he brings on stage and why, but don't say that it's sexist for him NOT to treat women differently from men!

Originally posted by Guy With The Stuff:
I might point out that the guys "don't have any other option" to get on stage either! It bugs me when people say that giving both sexes an equal chance is sexist because it was easier for women. Go ahead and say that it is Bono's choice who he brings on stage and why, but don't say that it's sexist for him NOT to treat women differently from men!

Good point, Guy With the Stuff...

That's why the dancing should stay!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-23-2001).]

well guys who dont' lay guitar dont' have any option.

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 10-23-2001).]

Good point, Guy With the Stuff...

That's why the dancing should stay!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-23-2001).]

I don't think Bono wants to dance with guys
wink.gif
So it's not completly fair but at least the guys have a chance if they can play guitar.

I have to laugh at people worrying about girls "molesting" poor ol' Bono
rolleyes.gif
after all, he's the one who was pulling overexcited young girls onto the stage then laying down and rolling around with them. I don't think he was worried about being molested
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by u2utah (edited 10-23-2001).]

Rolling around is one thing...them trying to touch his "goods" are another. And in truth I've always thought it was presumptuous of boo to lay down on top of girls liek that.

Damn Arun, don't hate the player, hate the game. Just cuz you aren't a lady and just because some haven't acted like ladies in the past doesn't mean that ladies shouldn't get a little taste of heaven. I mean I'm kinda bitter because oh my *ahem* vertically enhanced status I will probbaly never get to dance with the man myself, but it doesn't mean that I don't want the chance to. It's the hope that adds excitement.
Big Gao
mad.gif
to Arun for hatin' on the ladies....

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

Woohoo noti!! All we are saying is give us a chance to dance with Bono.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

How about this....bono from now on should pullup a girls..and if she's a tramp...throw her off stage! and then pull a guy up to play guitar?

How about this....bono from now on should pullup a girls..and if she's a tramp...throw her off stage! and then pull a guy up to play guitar?

Oooh yes.. that's a real good resolution.. throwing a woman off of a stage.
rolleyes.gif

Bono has thrown guys off stage for not being able to play. He did it all throughout the 80's.

SHIT
PHUCK
CHRIST
When are you gonna get it thru you're collective thick skulls...

Bono leaned over and says to me -'Diamondbreath'-"Big guy you think you can pick me up?"

I then raised my diamondeyebrows and am doing a quickdiamonddoubletake..w/a quick ? on my face as 19000 SCREAMING FANS are EGGING us on..

Then he requests it again!-"pick me up"-like a damn little kid at a carnival-so what the PHUCK am I suppose to do?

Next I say -"GOT IT!"
and
we're airborne--ARENA ROARS !

We land on our feet.He asks me to take the lap. I do so.

Crowd GOES CRAZY..

Now I know you LOVE to PHUCK witthedimonman, its ok,I was blessed that nite..This is for any the newbies thats all..

Be good
and if you can't be good-
bite my dimonass

Thank You-
Late-
off to
the
dimongym

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
SHIT
PHUCK
CHRIST
When are you gonna get it thru you're collective thick skulls...

Bono leaned over and says to me -'Diamondbreath'-"Big guy you think you can pick me up?"

Oh for the sweet love of God, would you people PLEASE stop encouraging a repeat performance of this in Vegas.
wink.gif

Glad to see you're feeling better Arun.
biggrin.gif

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

It's tacky and overdone...he pulls a girl up she cries and struggles to hold him and every so often a girl mollests bono..it's too much.

I'm sorry but if you had the guts to be this sexist then have the guts to swallow this one.

At least we made better use of our time.

So guys don't molest him, but from your logic then you shouldn't have been up there. Cause you were just wasting time.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Ouch.

Back off girls. This thread, i'm sure is meant to be taken with a grain of salt. Though it may appear to the contrary, he's not a sexist or a jerk, so don't go and take low blows at him. I was only joking in my post when i called him a sexist
rolleyes.gif

Lighten up.

By the way mbi16, i'd like to see you get up in front of thousands of people and play guitar proficiently. At least he had the balls to go up there and try. And in my opinion, Arun certainly redeemed himself and made the situation rather entertaining.

He started this thread purposely to piss people off.

He is a nice guy.

But you suck Arun.

I'll vote with the crowd that would rather see someone playing the guitar poorly instead of seeing some girl molest Bono poorly.

Still, what I'd really like to see is a string quartet being pulled up to play on The Unforgettable Fire.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 10-23-2001).]

It's cool when Bono brings anyone on stage, regardless of the reason, because that person represents everyone else in the arena who would like to be up there. True, it is cooler when the people who are pulled on stage actually can and do deliver. One of the best examples of this was Chicago#1 on the first leg. Jonathan got brought up on stage as "guest pianist" on <i>Stay</i> and was great(hell of a lot harder than strumming <i>People Get Ready</i> or <i>Knockin' on Heaven's Door</i> on guitar). On that same night Bono also brought a girl up to belly dance, who was also great(hell of a lot harder than rolling around on the ground with Bono...though not quite as fun). Even when the people brought on stage can't deliver(Arun), it's still entertaining. Like when Garbage's amp blew during Chicago#2 on this leg. It was fecking hilariuos.

Originally posted by Guy With The Stuff:
I may be an expert at translating the language of the idiot, but this one's got me stumped... Little help with what he means by this?

I thought I was the only one.

Listen I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I was and still am completely psyched that Arun got on stage. And I am for anyone that gets on stage, regardless of what they do up there. I just love the fact that the band and Bono try to connect with fans during their concert. By bringing a fan up they are not only connecting with the particular fan but everyone else who all wish they were up there.

To now rate what is considered valuable time on stage and what fans can or can't do when they get their moment in the sun is a bit ridiculous. And if anyone has to determine when things cross the border it's the band or Bono. He obviously doesn't seem to care cause he's been doing it since ZooTV. If anything everyone should be given a fair chance to get up there regardless if they have a talent or not. Considering that both guys and girls have been up it seems to me that this is more than fair.

So I mean please if you're gonna make such a remark live up to it.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

ah ah atikicat I got sidetracked and took me a while to post, and we ended up posting the same thing.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by mbi16:
I thought I was the only one.

Listen I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I was and still am completely psyched that Arun got on stage. And I am for anyone that gets on stage, regardless of what they do up there. I just love the fact that the band and Bono try to connect with fans during their concert. By bringing a fan up they are not only connecting with the particular fan but everyone else who all wish they were up there.

To now rate what is considered valuable time on stage and what fans can or can't do when they get their moment in the sun is a bit ridiculous. And if anyone has to determine when things cross the border it's the band or Bono. He obviously doesn't seem to care cause he's been doing it since ZooTV. If anything everyone should be given a fair chance to get up there regardless if they have a talent or not. Considering that both guys and girls have been up it seems to me that this is more than fair.

So I mean please if you're gonna make such a remark live up to it.

OK you two smarty pants..

I agree w/you..

Its Bono's call if a fan is inbounds play or not.

If Bono chooses to improvise, change lyrics asks a fan to hoist him in the air,as HE DID OF ME- that is his call,and no one elses.

So were in agreement I won't refer to you in any derogatory name as you as you two did to me,
and I do agree that fan connections are genderless and that is Bonos call..

You want him tellin girls at Live Aid,San Pauloa,Sydney AND Austin that their connections on stage were less significant bcuz of their gender, I think not.

One last thing -fans on stage have been going on the ENTIRE U2 history more so during 80s.

Thank You
Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

1.) I dont' miss wowy from the setlist
2.) I don't miss mysterious ways from the set list
3.) I think bono shoud do what he's been doing and pull people up to play and not girls to dance ( I'm biased on that one).
4.) bono's voice has degraded over the years
5.) edge's hairline has receded over the years
6.) adam's willie is probably not as impressive as it used to be
7.) larry ..well he still looks like he' s 20

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 10-23-2001).]

And your point is?

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:

So were in agreement I won't refer to you in any derogatory name as you as you two did to me

I'm sorry, but I don't see where I referred to you or anyone in a derogatory name. If you mean when I quoted Guy With The Stuff I didn't quote it cause he called you an idiot but rather because he also couldn't understand what you were saying. My bad I should have cut that out, I see where could have gotten confused. My apologies.

I'm glad we agree, and the only reason I said ZooTV was cause it popped in my head this quote from Bono I read about how every night he would bring a girl up on stage to dance with, I think, during love is blindness. So every night he would fall in love with a stranger, or something to that extent. But you're right he has brought them up from the begining.

Again my apologies, it was not intended.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by TripThruUreWires:

By the way mbi16, i'd like to see you get up in front of thousands of people and play guitar proficiently. At least he had the balls to go up there and try. And in my opinion, Arun certainly redeemed himself and made the situation rather entertaining.

I just saw your post and I think if you read my later response to DB9 you'll see I'm in complete agreement with you. And I'm not saying that Arun is sexist just the comment, we all have brain farts and are allowed to. Anyways I think the rest, including my feelings towards Arun, are self explanatory if you read my later post, or earlier for that matter.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Back
Top Bottom