This Sudden Jolt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung_Bebe

New Yorker
It's strange how things can suddenly be thrown into perspective. The very day before this terrorist tragedy, I was overjoyed to hear that Prop was offering tickets. This joy soon faded when the tragic loss of lives was reported. Now it seems I am overjoyed at even the smallest things. This morning, when my alarm clock went off, instead of reluctantly rolling out of bed, I felt priveledged to be entering a new day. Even homework has its new and sudden thrills.

Ofcourse, it's a shame to wake up to the news seen on my t.v. screen, but if we don't draw strength, appreciation, and an overall love of life out of this, then what does that leave? Nothing.

I'm sure many of you already know what I'm saying, but as I watch the news put names and faces to some of the victims, I just felt like posting it.

I'm going to try to see every daily routine as a blessing, and remembering the victims can urge it on.

PS: For some reason I haven't been able to get into U2 chat/AIM/MSN for the past 3 days, what's up with that? BAH ... it's ok though... I'm thankful
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

I know what you mean--rather than running to the store for Godiva, I have settled on eating some cheap waxy chocolate, and half enjoying it too.

Gotta satisfy that sweet tooth
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Funny how our priorities change from Material to Spiritual in a 'crisis'. Like we use our Creator like an old jacket -when he's needed only...Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Over here, shops are still open, the sky is a beautiful blue, seagulls are flying about without a care in the world. The irony is saddening, but really moves me to appreciate things all the more. I have a major deadline tomorrow and have been agonizing over it for weeks. Now, it's so insignificant (I am still working on it, though; life goes on for the rest of us). I'm also thankful for the bakery being open, clean air, clean water, food.

foray

Bebe I know what you mean. Yesterday someone told me that they had a crappy day at work and I said, "Well at least you're still alive"

frown.gif

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

Bebe btw my msn and aim are working...
frown.gif

What's your screen name?

------------------

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Bebe I know what you mean. Yesterday someone told me that they had a crappy day at work and I said, "Well at least you're still alive"

frown.gif

I agree. People ask me how I'm doing today...

Pretty damn good, considering...

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

No problem at all Christian! btw are you planning on seeing U2 in Austin?

Sicy-I wonder why mine aren't working
confused.gif
None of my chat applications are working it's so strange. My screen name is AchtungBebe2U

Are there any computer capable people who could help? I'm accepting any and all theories...
smile.gif

------------------

What happens when you open them? They just dont connect? That is the weirdest thing! I'm trying to think of why that would happen. It would suck to have to download them again.

------------------

Sicy's Website

Well Sicy, I've already un-installed and re-installed the programs, lol, so yeah that did suck, and didn't work, either! What happens is they say "The AIM service can't be reached" or for mIRC it says "The IRC server cannot establish a connection", MSN says "Signing into the MSN service has failed because the service is not responding" or something like that. hmmmm...
confused.gif

------------------

I agree, Bebe, definitely a wake-up call.
This morning, I jumped out of bed 2 hours early, I showed up at work at 7, instead of 9, and let's just say I am not known as an "early bird" at all, so everyone was so shocked to see me. But I figured I might as well go in and see how I can help more stranded travelers get home.
I'm really having a hard time with these events, it's hard to even enjoy anything when I know chaos is happening in so many lives right now.
Well, anyways, we all need to realize how precious this life truely is.
Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom