This makes me HAPPY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UltravioletU2

The Fly
I waitress at Swiss Chalet (Canadian restaurant chain). Not the best job, but it's ok for now.

I have to admit that there is one very cool thing about this place...

Their internal radio plays a lot of U2! I mean A LOT!! :)

I've heard:
Mysterious Ways
Stuck in a Moment
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Last Night on Earth
The End of the World
Electrical Storm
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Just to name a few!

I won't bore you, I just had to give a tribute to Swiss Chalet's internal radio. After all, the sad truth is, I hear less and less U2 on the mainstream radio and more and more CRAP!

Ohhhh, is Swiss Chalet the place with the awesome Ribs and rottisiere chicken that falls off the bone?? If so I love that place! :drool: :drool:

Elvis Presley said:
Ohhhh, is Swiss Chalet the place with the awesome Ribs and rottisiere chicken that falls off the bone?? If so I love that place! :drool: :drool:

That's the one! :wink:

...Sometimes on "Friends" between scenes they play an altered version of "Pride," but you can tell that's what it is for sure...

And of course they have played WOWY twice! :up:

At this wedding I went to last week, the couple did their first dance as husband and wife to "All I Want Is You."

It was so :sad: :heart:

HelloAngel said:
At this wedding I went to last week, the couple did their first dance as husband and wife to "All I Want Is You."

It was so :sad: :heart:

:| That doesn't strike me as a very good wedding song.

Elvis Presley said:

Oh man, they have those in Florida, I love that place, wish I could get it around here. Thier chicken is sooo freakin good!!

:drool:

Really? Where? I've lived in Florida my whole life and I've never seen or heard of Swiss Chalet! :crazy: :der:

HelloAngel said:

Really? Where? I've lived in Florida my whole life and I've never seen or heard of Swiss Chalet! :crazy: :der:

The one I used to go to was in Fort Lauderdale. All the old folks go there because of the early bird specials....

drive quick, hear less U2. more U2 i listen to the quicker i drive. its a whopper!

i hear U2 everywhere!

I couldn't believe that I heard Kite twice today! 1st time was at D'Angelos sub shop and the second time on the radio. The station we listen to at work, Mix 98.5, plays U2 at 2 everyday - and today was Kite!

I don't think I've ever heard Kite on the radio before!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Has anybody ever seen that commercial for the Biography channel on TV that the backing guitar is the opening riff from Pride?

That makes me happy.

This, however, makes me sad.

I was flipping channels the other day and I heard a very familiar note while passing MuchMoreMusic. I instantly recognized I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for. Instantly becoming as giddy as a schoolgirl (thinking it was a U2 concert), I flew back to MMM. However, to my dismay...it was Cher singing ISHFWILF. I vomited.

:sad:

:barf:

Ah, yes, I've heard of Cher's covering that song. But I haven't heard her version, don't care to hear it, either...*shudders*...

There's a bunch of radio stations in my area that I can hear U2 on:

The classic rock station in a nearby town, they play:
"New Year's Day"
"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
"ISHFWILF"
"WTSHNN"
"Angel Of Harlem" (that's the station where I first heard that song)
"Staring At The Sun"
"Pride"

This adult contemporary station in another nearby town, they play:
"Beautiful Day"
"Stuck In A Moment"
"Walk On"
"Electrical Storm"
"The Sweetest Thing"
"In A Little While"

And the Top 40 station here in my town (which can play any of those songs mentioned and more-they still play a lot of Top 40, but their format's kinda changing a little).

On Monday, though, I was on the school bus that morning, and the guy working that hour was announcing some of the artists coming up, and he said "U2", and at first I thought I'd misheard him, 'cause the station that was on never plays U2, at least not during the times I've listened to it (it was a light rock station). So I figured I must've heard him wrong...and then the opening notes to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" started, and I started grinning like an idiot and started singing along with the song. That put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. :).

And then there's the Progressive and New Wave DMX channels that I'm guaranteed to hear U2 on as well (the New Wave channel's cool-they'll play anything from U2's 80's albums, with the exception of "Rattle and Hum").

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
And then there's the Progressive and New Wave DMX channels that I'm guaranteed to hear U2 on as well (the New Wave channel's cool-they'll play anything from U2's 80's albums, with the exception of "Rattle and Hum").

Angela

DMX has completely spoiled commercial radio for me. I mostly listen to the Progressive/Adult Alternative channel and occassionally switch to the Alternative or New Wave channels. Hours and hours of great music, including tons of U2, with no commercials!

BostonAnne- Hey fellow New Englander!!! I also love Mix 98.5! Whenever I am not at work at 2 I make every effort to hear which songs they are playing!! It's also funny that our sigs are quotes from each of the Providence concerts...That was the best night of my life!!!

Side note: This is the most random thread ever...So to contine with U2 at work...

We haven't had a good U2 song at the Gap lately...In April it was Pride, May was Even Better Than the Real Things, and June was In A Little While and When the Stars Go Blue. Electrical Storm was on the GapBody CD this month and at my old store I would just have to go check on the cashier over there every time I realized it was on. I HOPE our holiday CD has Baby Please Come Home on it!!!

Oh, and one time, at Lerner, my friend and I had to run out of the store as fast as we could because there was a BUTCHERED rendition of ISHFWILOF playing! IT WAS AGONY!! I had just about blocked the experience out!!! :no:

Schmeg said:
BostonAnne- Hey fellow New Englander!!! I also love Mix 98.5! Whenever I am not at work at 2 I make every effort to hear which songs they are playing!! It's also funny that our sigs are quotes from each of the Providence concerts...That was the best night of my life!!!

Side note: This is the most random thread ever...So to contine with U2 at work...

We haven't had a good U2 song at the Gap lately...In April it was Pride, May was Even Better Than the Real Things, and June was In A Little While and When the Stars Go Blue. Electrical Storm was on the GapBody CD this month and at my old store I would just have to go check on the cashier over there every time I realized it was on. I HOPE our holiday CD has Baby Please Come Home on it!!!

Oh, and one time, at Lerner, my friend and I had to run out of the store as fast as we could because there was a BUTCHERED rendition of ISHFWILOF playing! IT WAS AGONY!! I had just about blocked the experience out!!! :no:

Hi Schmeg! Do you also listen to 92.9 WBOS? I listen to that station also. I read your profile and am wondering how you ended up in the heart after buying the crappy tickets through ticketmaster. Sounds like a great story! I'm so glad that you had such a great night!

Sending wishes that the Gap Cd's contain tons of U2 each month starting with "Baby Please Come Home" for Christmas! :D :D

No Please Come Home!!!

BostonAnne said:

Hi Schmeg! Do you also listen to 92.9 WBOS? I listen to that station also. I read your profile and am wondering how you ended up in the heart after buying the crappy tickets through ticketmaster. Sounds like a great story! I'm so glad that you had such a great night!

Sending wishes that the Gap Cd's contain tons of U2 each month starting with "Baby Please Come Home" for Christmas! :D :D

Dang it all, I am it GapKids for Holiday and instead I am deluged with Mariah and Britney and Justin and the Tweenies...WHO THE HELL ARE THE TWEENIES??? No U2! I threw a slight tantrum and now my new staff is certain I am a nutcase...But thank you for the happy thoughts!

I don't think I've heard 92.9...I will try to get that in my car when I leave for work. All the RI stations like to play angry men screaming at me, which doesn't help the road rage, or Mariah and Britney and Justin. 98.5 and the CD player get me through the ride! :sexywink:

Into the heart: To make a long story short, I thought I had tickets set up through some guy someone told me to e-mail, but they fell through, and at 5:00 I was sick of being pissed off so I thought I'd just look at ticketmaster.com ONE MORE TIME to tease myself. The website brought me right to section 110, row A, seats 1 and 2. Naturally, I bought them instantly. It turned out that they were right on the side of the heart so you couldn't see into the stage unless you were standing on your chair, but I thought, hell, they use the runway...But then during UTEOTW a guy came around with the green bracelets for the people in that row and the rest is history!!! If only my pictures had come out!!! :scream:

DaveC said:

???

When was this song?

Was it even U2?

Hi DaveC - When the stars go Blue is song where Bono sings with The Corrs. It was recorded live within the last year I think, and there's another song that he sings with them called Summer Wine. If you are hooked up to New Media you can probably find them.

Re: No Please Come Home!!!

Schmeg said:

Dang it all, I am it GapKids for Holiday and instead I am deluged with Mariah and Britney and Justin and the Tweenies...WHO THE HELL ARE THE TWEENIES??? No U2! I threw a slight tantrum and now my new staff is certain I am a nutcase...But thank you for the happy thoughts!

I don't think I've heard 92.9...I will try to get that in my car when I leave for work. All the RI stations like to play angry men screaming at me, which doesn't help the road rage, or Mariah and Britney and Justin. 98.5 and the CD player get me through the ride! :sexywink:

Into the heart: To make a long story short, I thought I had tickets set up through some guy someone told me to e-mail, but they fell through, and at 5:00 I was sick of being pissed off so I thought I'd just look at ticketmaster.com ONE MORE TIME to tease myself. The website brought me right to section 110, row A, seats 1 and 2. Naturally, I bought them instantly. It turned out that they were right on the side of the heart so you couldn't see into the stage unless you were standing on your chair, but I thought, hell, they use the runway...But then during UTEOTW a guy came around with the green bracelets for the people in that row and the rest is history!!! If only my pictures had come out!!! :scream:

Schmeg - sorry that you have to spend Christmas with Mariah, Britney and Justin. Well, at least the clothes are cute! :)

That is soo cool that the band or venue moved you into the heart since your seats were obstructed!

BostonAnne said:
Hi DaveC - When the stars go Blue is song where Bono sings with The Corrs. It was recorded live within the last year I think, and there's another song that he sings with them called Summer Wine. If you are hooked up to <a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe><a href=http://newmedia.interference.com/download/u2newmedia2.exe>NewMedia</a></a> you can probably find them.

Yep. And that "When The Stars Go Blue" song was originally done by Ryan Adams (yeah, they also play the version by Bono & the Corrs on that adult contemporary station near my town as well).

You should download both "When The Stars Go Blue" and "Summer Wine"-they're great songs.

Mariah and Christmas...ugh, that makes me think of that damn "All I Want For Christmas Is You" song she did...I cannot stand that song! My art teacher in middle school played the CD with that song on it over and over and over and over for, like, three weeks straight up until Christmas break, and I eventually got to the point where I wanted to throw that CD out the window, I was so sick of hearing that song (I didn't, but I sure wanted to).

And it doesn't help that my sister likes that song, so anytime it comes on the station when our family's in the car, I have to suffer through it because my sister wants to listen to it. :rolleyes:.

Angela

Re: Re: No Please Come Home!!!

BostonAnne said:

Schmeg - sorry that you have to spend Christmas with Mariah, Britney and Justin. Well, at least the clothes are cute! :)

That is soo cool that the band or venue moved you into the heart since your seats were obstructed!

I've decided to steal last year's holiday CD's from my old store. One had BPCH and the other had Walk On. Ha ha! This Christmas, Bono...please come to GapKids!!! And YES, the clothes are VERY cute- everyone buy lots of Gap clothes this year!!! :sexywink:

wertsie said:
:| That doesn't strike me as a very good wedding song.
same here.

i never hear U2 on the radio anymore. why? cuz i usually listen to my local jazz station instead. i occasionally listen to my classical rock station though, which plays older U2 like i will follow and stuff off of the joshua tree (they only play stuff up to the 80s, no 90s stuff obviously).

Back
Top Bottom