This is just...wow...my god...awful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do admit to hating it when Simon makes comments on their looks.

Unless they're talking about how they look while singing (making weird faces, over-gesturing, etc) - those comments are spot on.

but Zoot, we aren't making fun of this guy or being rude, really....we are just saying that he did a horrendous job at trying to sing a U2 song...plain and simple...judging someone as they try to sing a U2 song isn't being rude, we're simply evaluating :)

it was a good effort, but a horrible performance :)

Well... I guess I disagree then slightly. I thought he did a good job with the verses but a horrible job with the chorus cos he couldn't reach those high notes. I think Hawkmoon was the wrong song choice for him.

pepokiss said:
the chorus is painfull

that guy really fails at life

Why? Cos he was brave enough to record himself singing just to be insulted left and right by juvenile posters who hide behind computers?

This is what I don't get about the whole "make fun of the person singing" business!

I think sometimes insults on the internet are more about one-upmanship of snark rather than insulting the person/thing in question.

Zootlesque said:

Why? Cos he was brave enough to record himself singing just to be insulted left and right by juvenile posters who hide behind computers?

This is what I don't get about the whole "make fun of the person singing" business!

I have to agree. My 9 year old daughter begs me to record her singing High School Musical stuff to put on youtube. So she's got like three videos up there now...I mean, she was 8 when she started, so how good could they be, right? Man, I couldn't believe the comments...there were alot of nice ones, yes. And there there are people who are just entirely heartless. I mean, what the hell?? She's 8! I think they must either be children themselves or if they are adults they are the true failures at life with no kids of their own. How do you heartlessly trash a little girl trying her voice out for the first time?? I mean really crude vulgar insulting gros stuff!! I couldn't believe what I was reading, to be honest. Yeah she looks like she's having the time of her life and maybe people resent that. I dunno....but I had to take the comments down...it would literally break my heart if - all singing ability or lack thereof on her part aside - if she let that stop her from at least giving a good go at it.

This dude...yeah, he's not great. But I dunno....he's got guts. It's ok. It's youtube, y'know?

ETA: Oh great. I just listened to his BLT. :yikes: :wink:

Last edited:
YouTube has some of the worst insults I've ever seen. I avoid the comments like the plague.

There's something about that site, I guess, that brings out all the assholes. Or brings out the asshole in people.

corianderstem said:
YouTube has some of the worst insults I've ever seen. I avoid the comments like the plague.

There's something about that site, I guess, that brings out all the assholes. Or brings out the asshole in people.

why is it that there is practically no filter on youtube? it would be so easy to filter certain phrases/words out in the comment section...and then a few other things could easily be done by youtube mangement...I don't understand this at all...

on listening to this guy again, yes, the verses aren't THAT bad :wink:

Despite this guy's voice, it doesn't bother me one bit that he video taped himself singing hawkmoon 269 and posted on youtube...who am I to say he is a failure at life? I mean, I can express my opinion of his singing but I don't even know him...

American Idol though, c'mon, sometimes it's just too freakin funny, and you have to laugh...:D

When I watched him singing Hawkmoon, I just couldn't leave an abusive comment. You can't do that. He's got more balls than all the idiots who abuse him, and probably never leave their computers.

I abused the SBS cover video though, the one that said it's "so much better than the original."

You'll notice the comments are now banned.

COBL_04 said:
When I watched him singing Hawkmoon, I just couldn't leave an abusive comment. You can't do that.

No, not on Hawkmoon. I left an abusive comment on the Velvet Dress video though. :)

For the record, I have posted covers on youtube as well, so I have balls too. :wink:

gabrielvox said:

I have to agree. My 9 year old daughter begs me to record her singing High School Musical stuff to put on youtube. So she's got like three videos up there now...I mean, she was 8 when she started, so how good could they be, right? Man, I couldn't believe the comments...there were alot of nice ones, yes. And there there are people who are just entirely heartless. I mean, what the hell?? She's 8! I think they must either be children themselves or if they are adults they are the true failures at life with no kids of their own. How do you heartlessly trash a little girl trying her voice out for the first time?? I mean really crude vulgar insulting gros stuff!! I couldn't believe what I was reading, to be honest. Yeah she looks like she's having the time of her life and maybe people resent that. I dunno....but I had to take the comments down...it would literally break my heart if - all singing ability or lack thereof on her part aside - if she let that stop her from at least giving a good go at it.

This dude...yeah, he's not great. But I dunno....he's got guts. It's ok. It's youtube, y'know?

ETA: Oh great. I just listened to his BLT. :yikes: :wink:

I'm glad you took the comments off! That could destroy her self-esteem. I'm not telling what to do or anything but maybe get her to sing in front of your video recorder, then you/her can control who sees it.

I have an 8 year old too! and i remember last year trying quite eloquently to suggest singing "Don't Cha" is prolly not the best thing to do in front of the class for "news-day"....Thankfully she did not, it's not that i don't want her to sing, I just know that kids can be little bastards.

fly so high! said:
Reading the comments was funny...

This and the earlier likening to American Idol is so appropriate..

I mean, Simon, and I'm sure he realizes it, is actually a part of the entertainment. He's playing the asshole, and he's an entertaining asshole. I would hope he realizes that when millions laugh when he disses someone, they're more laughing at the entire thing, him included. Well at least I do...similarly on youtube. Some of the stuff on youtube I'm neither hot nor cold on, it's yawn-worthy at most. This guys videos I put in the 'mildly amusing, worth a chuckle' category, not the 'omg I hate this guy and I want to eat his children because he tread on my sacred U2 music so let me leave him a rotten comment' category. It's the REACTIONS that are side-splitting. I mean, wow. Just wow.

fly so high! said:

maybe get her to sing in front of your video recorder, then you/her can control who sees it.

Hey thanks for the comments...what do you mean by this tho? that's what she did, she stood in front of the video camera. How would that be any different?

I don't like Emo's singing to U2.

Instantly, the flavor and color of the song turned into some kind of dramatized, unreal, depressed attitude that seems naive.

The song is about anger against violence and how innocent people died on a certain Sunday. Unless they could connect to that, I doubt they can match the passion U2 put into that song.

To me, it sounds like a crap cover with no emotion (ironic, but typical of Emo covers). Really, anyone could play Sunday Bloody Sunday, slow and lethargic, and sing it like a depressed teenager.

My wrists had stigmata while watching this video.

U2 Feedback » Your Blue Room » Everything You Know Is Wrong » This is just...wow...my god...awful

gabrielvox said:

Hey thanks for the comments...what do you mean by this tho? that's what she did, she stood in front of the video camera. How would that be any different?

Yeah, i just realised what i wrote, i meant not posting it on youtube, just let her watch on her home telly.:wink:

it's not even his singing that's so bad.
i mean, yeah... it's awful. it's as bad as gets, i can't imagine anyone singing worse.

truly. at least without it being a joke.

but it's not just that. it's his smug attitude, and his farcical "actions" that he provides the song with.

and noone feel an ounce of pity for him. people like him could just as well have removed comments from their videos - or better yet - refrain from posting the bloody videos in the first place. :happy:

and besides all that, the man in the videos i posted has really high mum-jeans.

After listening to that crap I now need to sit down in the shower in fetal position with thumb in mouth. I feel like I have just been touched in a very sickening way.

OUCH

SecetFly

Paramore is actually a pretty good band. They have a few really rocking songs, and they are huge U2 fans.

You guys should cut them some slack. Same with Flyleaf, big U2 fans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom