This is disgusting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've stumbled across this site about a billion times as the years have dragged on....wacky shit. I'm amazed--as I always am--that it's somehow still up and running...

:shrug:

He sells on Ebay too I think, a friend of mine bought me a boot of the ELevation tour in Pittsburgh that I was at. He gave me the e-mail of the person he bought it from and it's that guys email on that site. :|

i use it as a reference to see what shows have good quality. i used to use the For Love or Money site but they havent updated since popmart. it is sad that he is making money off of something that he doesnt have the rights to. someone should shut him down.

Ha! I remember record shows back in the early/mid 90's when guys would sell double cd shows for $50. And people were dying to buy them.

This guy looks cheap compared to the prices many bootlegs go for on ebay..

Ok, I'd rather just pay for materials & postage, but how many people do that these days!

If you haven't got a big bootleg collection like myself, or my own webpage, it's very difficult to get into trading, when you haven't got a lot to offer...

WinnieThePoo said:
i see no problem , if he's an honest guy with no tricks , why not to buy a quality boot from him ,

I agree. I have a dvd bootleg collection of about 30 dvd's in which I've gotten about 3 or 4 from this guy...he's always given me good stuff and I don't look down on him for it a bit. I mean, U2 is worth hundreds of millions of dollars...it certianly isn't hurting anybody--rather it's spreading the good word :wink:

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
Ha! I remember record shows back in the early/mid 90's when guys would sell double cd shows for $50. And people were dying to buy them.

When I first became a U2 fan, it was 1995...I was 13. Come Christmas, my parents bought me two bootlegged videos for $30 each...and the quality was awful. :|

I still watched them all the damn time though...and was thrilled to pieces. :lol: :heart:

As for the original subject of this post...I think it's wrong to make a profit on that sort of thing, but there really isn't anything that will be done about it unless U2 or someone legally associated with them takes action.

I've actually purchased some CDs from Antoine. He's reputable(?) for a person who sells "rare-concert recordings" and worked with me through some problems with my order.

Why I know it is unethical to sell and buy bootlegs, unfortunately the demand is there and hardcore fans will shell out the cash from time to time. Fortunately we have the Internet and MP3s and SHNs and all that to cut off the cost.

I´m with you man :yes: The dumb principal management should close these "fan" sites instead :censored: :mad: :madspit: :down:

LET´S SHARE THE MUSIC :heart:

I've bought from him. He was the only one that I could find that had the Elevation SLC show. I'm impressed with his catalogue and his professionalism. However, I usually only use him when I can't find it anywhere else or if I don't want to go through the hastle of a trade. I've been burned a few too many times.

In the words of Ebay: "A+++ trader. Will buy from again."

- peace out

Before I discovered the whole trading thing I got a few from him. All but 2 of them have clicks between the tracks thus rendering them worthless in most trading circles. If you want boots use easytree or somewhere like that, or ask in the "All I Want is U2" forum for a B&P. Generally somebody will help you out.

old news, and it's hardly "disgusting"...! :eyebrow:

He's most likely making the money for the postage if anything, not robbing U2 of anything...! Just buy a couple from him, and listen to them! I'm sorry, but no-one's going to give you a medal or something for services to U2...!

*waits for post to be deleted by mods...AGAIN.*

Last edited:
I cant say anything negative about the guy cause id be a hypacrite. Ive sold a couple of boots at times when I really needed money but they were always good quality......the last time I did that was prob oh 2 years ago or so so things have changed but honestly this is a ok alternative at getting some of the rarer shows if trading and B&P dont work for you.

Anyway the boys said themselves they have a problem with people selling inferior quality product at rediculous prices hence the 50 dollar ones ull see at times which is rediculous....but anyway.

Back
Top Bottom