this is a thread dedicated to... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2004, 05:53 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:17 AM
this is a thread dedicated to...

...those of us who are trying desperately not to download the album. I'm so close to cracking, I really am. Anyone feel the same?

(The mods are probably going to remove this because it doesn't warrent much of a discussion, but... )

Old 11-06-2004, 05:56 AM   #2
New Yorker

If I downloaded all 11 tracks, then I'm not buying the album. Simple as that. I only downloaded 8 of the 11 songs. The 3 other songs I decided to hold off until Nov. 23.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:59 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonfave
If I downloaded all 11 tracks, then I'm not buying the album. Simple as that. I only downloaded 8 of the 11 songs. The 3 other songs I decided to hold off until Nov. 23.
I see. Now, if I were to download the entire thing, I'd definitely buy it to justify my actions. I'd feel guilty if I didn't.

This is just too hard... Maybe I'll download Miracle Drug and leave it at that.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh bugger. I caved. I couldn't help it.

But this album is great!
Old 11-06-2004, 07:27 AM   #5
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Oh bugger. I caved. I couldn't help it.

But this album is great!
Old 11-06-2004, 07:34 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonfave
Thanks. I feel like such a bad fan.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:26 AM   #7
Jim
Refugee

Local Time: 01:17 PM
I'm glad I caved in. I had a really shitty morning and put the whole album on CD and into my stereo and couldn't play it for about an hour.. very odd behaviour on my part ! Maybe because I was in a bad mood and had potentially denied myself of the build up. Of course I caved in eventually, cracked open a bottle of wine and pressed 'play'.

The best part of all this is the SECOND listen, cos all the pressure is off, so you can really get into it on a personal level. and it is fantastic.

So I'm glad I've done it now, it's lifted my mood totally. Plus the 'unexpected' element has made the experience more enjoyable. I had planned on hearing it in Dublin on the day of release but I'm glad I've got it now !!

I would say that if you are going to have it now, get all the songs in order and put them on a CD loud on your stereo just like the real thing.

One more thing - I'm still sussing alot of the album out which is what I had wanted. I've found that if I LOVE LOVE LOVE a record straight away then something's not quite right.. it's evolving by the second (and probably will do for the next few years!!)

Gibson Girl - I love your response above, don't be
Old 11-06-2004, 08:32 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
I'm glad I caved in. I had a really shitty morning and put the whole album on CD and into my stereo and couldn't play it for about an hour.. very odd behaviour on my part ! Maybe because I was in a bad mood and had potentially denied myself of the build up. Of course I caved in eventually, cracked open a bottle of wine and pressed 'play'.

The best part of all this is the SECOND listen, cos all the pressure is off, so you can really get into it on a personal level. and it is fantastic.

So I'm glad I've done it now, it's lifted my mood totally. Plus the 'unexpected' element has made the experience more enjoyable. I had planned on hearing it in Dublin on the day of release but I'm glad I've got it now !!

I would say that if you are going to have it now, get all the songs in order and put them on a CD loud on your stereo just like the real thing.

One more thing - I'm still sussing alot of the album out which is what I had wanted. I've found that if I LOVE LOVE LOVE a record straight away then something's not quite right.. it's evolving by the second (and probably will do for the next few years!!)

Gibson Girl - I love your response above, don't be
Heh, it's hard to stay sad whilst listening to an album of this quality! Like you, I wasn't having the best day when I woke up. U2 changed all of that... All because of U2!

Okay, bad pun, I know.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:33 AM   #9
War Child

Local Time: 07:17 AM
I've actually downloaded some songs, but I am deliberating as to listening to them or not.

Part of me desperately wants to wait another 3 weeks. Then again.....
Old 11-06-2004, 08:36 AM   #10
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I downloaded them, listened to 3-4 songs, then decided it was wrong for me personally to have them before the CD comes out. The CD that I've desperately wanted for a few years. I can wait a few more weeks.

Anyways...I deleted all but Love and Peace or Else. It's one of the few songs I heard and I love it But the rest for me will have to wait until I buy the official album.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:37 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

Anyways...I deleted all but Love and Peace or Else. It's one of the few songs I heard and I love it But the rest for me will have to wait until I buy the official album.
Oh, that song is amazing. It's my favourite off the album, so far.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:39 AM   #12
Forum Moderator

I downloaded it first thing this morning, but have only listened to Miracle Drug. (The beach clip had me dying)

I don't know what to do. I don't want to feel guilty because I'm still buying everything, shit I even have the ipod on order, but I'm torn.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #13
arw
Blue Crack Addict

my whole issue is I want that album release day rush I always get when I know a band I love, in this case my favorite band ever, has a new album in the stores to buy. I just want to go to Best Buy during my lunch break and then listen to it at my desk all afternoon at work! I don't want to already know everything by then.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 AM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 01:17 PM
I won't download the songs. I have been waiting for four years, so now 16 days is not very much.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:52 AM   #15
War Child

How can you be waiting four years? Maybe 2 makes more sense.