this is a thread dedicated to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
...those of us who are trying desperately not to download the album. :( I'm so close to cracking, I really am. Anyone feel the same?

(The mods are probably going to remove this because it doesn't warrent much of a discussion, but... :wink: )

If I downloaded all 11 tracks, then I'm not buying the album. Simple as that. I only downloaded 8 of the 11 songs. The 3 other songs I decided to hold off until Nov. 23.

Dragonfave said:
If I downloaded all 11 tracks, then I'm not buying the album. Simple as that. I only downloaded 8 of the 11 songs. The 3 other songs I decided to hold off until Nov. 23.

I see. Now, if I were to download the entire thing, I'd definitely buy it to justify my actions. I'd feel guilty if I didn't. :wink:

This is just too hard... Maybe I'll download Miracle Drug and leave it at that.

Oh bugger. I caved. I couldn't help it. :(

But this album is great!

I'm glad I caved in. I had a really shitty morning and put the whole album on CD and into my stereo and couldn't play it for about an hour.. very odd behaviour on my part ! Maybe because I was in a bad mood and had potentially denied myself of the build up. Of course I caved in eventually, cracked open a bottle of wine and pressed 'play'.

The best part of all this is the SECOND listen, cos all the pressure is off, so you can really get into it on a personal level. and it is fantastic.

So I'm glad I've done it now, it's lifted my mood totally. Plus the 'unexpected' element has made the experience more enjoyable. I had planned on hearing it in Dublin on the day of release but I'm glad I've got it now !!

I would say that if you are going to have it now, get all the songs in order and put them on a CD loud on your stereo just like the real thing.

One more thing - I'm still sussing alot of the album out which is what I had wanted. I've found that if I LOVE LOVE LOVE a record straight away then something's not quite right.. it's evolving by the second (and probably will do for the next few years!!)

Gibson Girl - I love your response above, don't be :(

Jim said:
I'm glad I caved in. I had a really shitty morning and put the whole album on CD and into my stereo and couldn't play it for about an hour.. very odd behaviour on my part ! Maybe because I was in a bad mood and had potentially denied myself of the build up. Of course I caved in eventually, cracked open a bottle of wine and pressed 'play'.

The best part of all this is the SECOND listen, cos all the pressure is off, so you can really get into it on a personal level. and it is fantastic.

So I'm glad I've done it now, it's lifted my mood totally. Plus the 'unexpected' element has made the experience more enjoyable. I had planned on hearing it in Dublin on the day of release but I'm glad I've got it now !!

I would say that if you are going to have it now, get all the songs in order and put them on a CD loud on your stereo just like the real thing.

One more thing - I'm still sussing alot of the album out which is what I had wanted. I've found that if I LOVE LOVE LOVE a record straight away then something's not quite right.. it's evolving by the second (and probably will do for the next few years!!)

Gibson Girl - I love your response above, don't be :(

Heh, it's hard to stay sad whilst listening to an album of this quality! Like you, I wasn't having the best day when I woke up. U2 changed all of that... All because of U2!

Okay, bad pun, I know. :D

I've actually downloaded some songs, but I am deliberating as to listening to them or not.

Part of me desperately wants to wait another 3 weeks. Then again.....

I downloaded them, listened to 3-4 songs, then decided it was wrong for me personally to have them before the CD comes out. The CD that I've desperately wanted for a few years. I can wait a few more weeks.

Anyways...I deleted all but Love and Peace or Else. It's one of the few songs I heard and I love it :drool: But the rest for me will have to wait until I buy the official album.

arw9797 said:

Anyways...I deleted all but Love and Peace or Else. It's one of the few songs I heard and I love it :drool: But the rest for me will have to wait until I buy the official album.

Oh, that song is amazing. It's my favourite off the album, so far.

I downloaded it first thing this morning, but have only listened to Miracle Drug. (The beach clip had me dying)

I don't know what to do. I don't want to feel guilty because I'm still buying everything, shit I even have the ipod on order, but I'm torn. :(

my whole issue is I want that album release day rush I always get when I know a band I love, in this case my favorite band ever, has a new album in the stores to buy. I just want to go to Best Buy during my lunch break and then listen to it at my desk all afternoon at work! I don't want to already know everything by then.

I won't download the songs. I have been waiting for four years, so now 16 days is not very much.

Some of you crack me up!
Since when did we or U2 for that matter abide by the rules of media. There is new U2 out there for the first time in 4 years, take advantage of your current reality and buy the album when it comes out! This album is amazing!
But if you must wait then sorry for you!
Respect

ah, i downloaded them all, but i haven't listened to any of the songs yet. i'm going to burn them onto a cd tonight and make sure i'm all alone and uninterrupted before i tear into this puppy. i'm also waiting to see if fast cars will surface, but it doesn't look good right now. can't have everything, i guess...

i am definitely going to run out on the 23rd and buy the real thing, just as i would have even without the leak.

theres no reason not to download it. anybody on this site is going to buy the album anyway.

StlElevation said:
theres no reason not to download it. anybody on this site is going to buy the album anyway.

That's exactly what I think. I do feel bad about downloading them, but everyone's going to buy it. We're just getting the songs in advance, that's all. Maybe they'll release the cd earlier. :dance: :dance: Look, they're dancing to Miracle Drug!

Still holding out I am,

The reason I'm not downloading it is because I wanna listen to it in my own environment lying on me bed and hearing it from a cd player, whilst reading the lyrics.

Also there will probably be about 90 minutes between the time i get it and when i hit the play button so that period is gonna be devoted to waiting patiently on the train looking at bono's book of pics and dreaming about how awesome its gonna be when i get home

Back
Top Bottom