This deserves it's very own thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
Sounds like a Zooropa album to me.

And that brings up so many tour questions now, too, If a "couple of months" really turns out to be just a couple of months, then that would put a release at somewhere either in the middle of Leg 5 or not too too long after the leg ends. If that really is the case, then:

1). Do U2 extend the tour to promote the new album?

2). Do they play new songs on Leg 5? If the album isn't released until after Leg 5, but the tour is extended and new songs are played on Legs 6+, then AUS/NZ/Asia are left without seeing new songs. Just a thought.

Who knows---time will tell. Hopefully, U2.com will keep up the updates from the studio.

Well, it sounds like they're aiming for a Christmas release right now. If that is possible, it shouldn't be a problem for them to play the new songs in AUS/NZ/Asia.

But then again, let's not forget... Adam didn't promise anything.

Or Adam was simply being facetious.

And I wouldn't be surprised if his comment about Bono being in the States was a sales ploy in lessening the crowds either. More time waiting for Bono to sign autographs means less time in the studio.

U2 is a democracy

in which Adam has a 5% say :D

it probably is true that Adam hopes the album will be out in a couple of months
it might also be true he fears it will take 2+ years though :shrug:

Michael Griffiths said:
Or Adam was simply being facetious.

And I wouldn't be surprised if his comment about Bono being in the States was a sales ploy in lessening the crowds either. More time waiting for Bono to sign autographs means less time in the studio.

Personally I'm leaning to the whole Adam not being serious/joking thing.

If adam was joking ... :ohmy: . If not ... :ohmy: . So soon?! New material for the next tour dates? Yes please!

A Couple Of Months....Oh that would be very nice!...of course something by the end of 2007 would be just as nice...

It'l Be interesting.......

I bet the album is coming out in lat november, early december. A single will probably be coming out in early november. thats my assesment...and wish.

I'm just waiting for a pessimistic comment from Blue Room!!!:wink:

Seriously though, If this is true :drool: :drool: :drool:

My only comment is that this flies right in the face of the "official" comment Edge made on U2.com. Very early stages, no timetable on it. :shrug:

If they did record and put out an album that quickly I'm very concerned about it because its going to just be slapped together. Even Zooropa took them 5 straight months in the studio and another month and a half flying back and forth from gigs to the studio, to get it completed.

Again, time will tell. Obviously I'm extremely skeptical.

jimjam said:
I'm just waiting for a pessimistic comment from Blue Room!!!:wink:

Seriously though, If this is true :drool: :drool: :drool:

Didnt want to disappoint!

I dont call it pessimistic, I call it realistic. Here is my reason, because this flies in the face of what U2 has almost always done. Why does it matter? Because 8 months from now when there is no new album the same people thinking its definate will start bitching that nothing is happening. "I thought an album was due to be out already??" No, internet rumor and fans extrapalating from that flimsy theories said that.

It may happen, I obviously dont know. But realistically I dont know how any fan knowing U2's history would just believe alot of this stuff out of hand. Sorry if that bothers you guys. Just my opinion.

U2 needs to do mass promotion and stuff also , i think summer of 2007 at the earliest.

I personally think the earliest they'd put an album out is 07(maybe spring?), but great news if they really are gonna do a quickie. I wonder if that's why they're recording in Abbey Road, to channel some of the Beatles vibe. I don't mean in the sound , but in the speed of working, the "instant" album recording process that was happening in the 60s

The recording of Sgt Pepper(and the singles for Strawberry Field and Penny Lane) began in Dec 66 and was in the shops by June 67.

U2 began recording AB in Berlin for the "vibe" of being in germany during reunification so I don't think it's a stretch.

Blue Room said:
My only comment is that this flies right in the face of the "official" comment Edge made on U2.com. Very early stages, no timetable on it. :shrug:

If they did record and put out an album that quickly I'm very concerned about it because its going to just be slapped together. Even Zooropa took them 5 straight months in the studio and another month and a half flying back and forth from gigs to the studio, to get it completed.

Again, time will tell. Obviously I'm extremely skeptical.

5 months or 6 weeks?

t8thgr8 said:

5 months or 6 weeks?

Yeah, Zooropa took 6 weeks. Late March to early May and then the album was released less than 2 months after the recording finished.

It is possible to have something in November, but I am not really expecting it.

bsp77 said:

Yeah, Zooropa took 6 weeks. Late March to early May and then the album was released less than 2 months after the recording finished.

It is possible to have something in November, but I am not really expecting it.

Dont think so. They started right after the holidays, late January 1993. Also, they continued to work on the album all the way up to July 1993 even while they were on tour. They flew back and forth between shows to Dublin and went into the studio. They also had started preliminary work on it during the Outside Broadcast leg during soundchecks. They spent a total of at a minimum 5 months on it, if not more.

I guess I'm worried because Zooropa is one of my least favorite U2 albums. To me it sounds rushed for the most part and has several "filler" songs on it. Again, why does everyone want U2 to rush out an album? Wouldnt you rather they take their time and try to do their best work? No album where U2 has had to rush has been considerend anywhere near their best work. :shrug:

I tend to agree with Blue Room. This thought of the album being released this year is so unlikely. I know zooropa was done in a monumental short time but that was once (I don't think there has another album done in this short period of time- please correct me if I am wrong) in the past 19-20 yrs.

I am not going to hold my breath on this one...:huh:

I want to believe, but a (literal) couple of months would be a far stretch, even for them.

If the album was to be out by November, there should be a single out by October... and that's in no time at all from now. They wouldn't "use" their version of The Saints Are Coming, as it'd be to cheat on the Music Rising single. Besides, punk rock doesn't fit in the sonic theme heard in the beach clips.

The only way they're getting out that quickly the album would be if they planned to shut up and take us all by surprise. But... nah... I say March 2007... earliest.

Back
Top Bottom