Third U2 cover contest match - VOTE HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your favorite

• MOFO

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Mofo right now! You've done the best track I've heard so far in terms of production etc. (that is if you did it yourself? :)) very impressive, gets my vote.

Edit - Who recorded this Mofo?? I need some contact details quickly please! It's urgent! :(

Last edited:
^ what he said :drool:

one of my top 5 favorite u2 songs and u did an incredible job on it

crumbs was another great performance i liked that it was just acoustic and the effect on the voice was a nice touch and honestly mofo barely edged it out for my vote

i can't wait to hear what else is coming up...

gareth brown said:
Listening to Mofo right now! You've done the best track I've heard so far in terms of production etc. (that is if you did it yourself? :)) very impressive, gets my vote.

Edit - Who recorded this Mofo?? I need some contact details quickly please! It's urgent! :(

The names aren't supposed to be released until after voting.

Those are both really good covers, but my vote goes to Mofo. It's especially awesome. Plus, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something that didn't seem quite right about the first chorus in Crumbs From Your Table.

by the way...
who did that great version of 'so cruel' from the last round?
i love it, and itunes wants a name...
thanks for doing it - it's fantastic.
peace and such
dudeman (cms)

dudeman said:
by the way...
who did that great version of 'so cruel' from the last round?
i love it, and itunes wants a name...
thanks for doing it - it's fantastic.
peace and such
dudeman (cms)

That was me. :wink: Pretty basic; did it all with a guitar pedal (and built in drum machine). :yes:

Last edited:
I voted for Crumbs, nice acoustic arrangement, and singing of course!

I guess this would be the way that The Corrs would record it if they ever would, but with some tin whistle and violin as well.

Well done!

Last edited:
Both are really well done, but I really love the guitar playing and vocals in Crumbs, so it gets my vote.

It's REALLY a good song when it's performed right. If only the production on the album weren't so blah.

I'll try to put out personal feelings of both songs in their original versions, I really don't like either, but "Crumbs" is one of the absolute worst U2 tracks. Then again, if the original really sucked, your cover won't make people complain as much....

As far as these go, "Mofo" takes the cake. They're both surprisingly well done performance/structure wise, but the production on "Mofo" is just too good.

Well first off I agree about what somebody said in the last vote thread - covers with the u2 backing track vs covers with original music are sooooo hard to compare.

Varitek said:
Well first off I agree about what somebody said in the last vote thread - covers with the u2 backing track vs covers with original music are sooooo hard to compare.

Both of these songs are original recordings, no U2 backing tracks...I think...at least I know that one of them WASN'T a backing track...I think both are originals...eh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom