Things you shouldn't admit here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: flame away

bayou12780 said:

ok, trying to figure out if you're totally being sarcastic but...

5. love The Refugee - especially lame ass Larry's drumming (just call him LAL) :rockon:
7. seeing those trabants hanging from the rafters at RFK was like a freakin' epiphany - blew my mind - damn!

Axver has a deep seeded hatred of Achtung Baby and the Zoo tour, so I dont think it was sarcasm.

Chizip said:

Bono wanted inflatable clear huge lottery balls with a video image of him singing the song to flow through the audience while being played

what a weirdo.

Axver said:
1. Achtung Baby fucking sucks.
2. One fucking sucks.
3. Larry Mullen fucking sucks.
4. Passengers is U2's third or maybe even second best album.
5. The Refugee is a good song.
6. Where The Streets Have No Name is overplayed live.
7. ZooTV was U2's worst tour. Oh, and it fucking sucks. :wink:

Got to agree with 4 and 5 :drool: :drool:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I regularly bitch to my friends (who aren't U2 fans) that U2 lost their balls sometime around 1999.

do they really care about that, if they arent fans?

Originally posted by thrillme
I like U2.com, the forum, way more than this forum. I just don't see the comraderie here, that I see over there.

Alisaura said:

If you're serious, you may have just convinced me to pay for a subscription.

From the looks of your avatar, you'll probably enjoy chatting with the Adam fans. And, I don't see a whole lot of knocking of the band member's forums the way PLEBA gets knocked here.

About the comraderie? I mean yes, there's always those that have given others problems, occasionally a flame war, but by and large, very enjoyable community. Some people know each other by first names. The Christmas/holiday card exchange was neat. The forum is a bit more structured in regards to the U2 specific content.

There was a member there who fell ill, passed away a couple months ago, and for awhile there was a stickied thread, for people to write their thoughts, prayers for the member. As silly as a forum on a website can be, it was one of those things that reminds you there's real people behind the posts.

The ZooTV CD is great.

I haven't really seen anything on this forum worth $12...well features that are free on U2.com, PM's, looking at other's profiles....unless Pleba became a paid part of the site. :hmm:

For all the slagging U2.com and Zootopians get from some posters here, I'm not sure I've ever seen a stickied thread on this forum for well wishes to a member who was terminally ill. Perhaps this forum is too large, or not many here would discuss it if they were that ill.

Oh, and every top page of every forum had a banner with the name of the song U2 walked out on stage during the Vertigo tour. :D

Last edited:
U2Man said:
do they really care about that, if they arent fans?
No, but they can't get rid of me :wink:

But honestly, I do it sort of to prove to myself (and hopefully to them) that that's why they don't like U2, because they've mostly only been exposed to the castrated 00s U2.

Re: flame away

bayou12780 said:

ok, trying to figure out if you're totally being sarcastic but...

I'm dead serious.

5. love The Refugee - especially lame ass Larry's drumming (just call him LAL) :rockon:

WOH-WOAH, Larry was once not totally dull!

7. seeing those trabants hanging from the rafters at RFK was like a freakin' epiphany - blew my mind - damn!

The stage setup was pretty neat. Shame the music and especially the setlists thoroughly stank.

Re: Re: flame away

Axver said:

The stage setup was pretty neat. Shame the music and especially the setlists thoroughly stank.

I hate it when you try to be all elusive and can't just say what you mean.

Re: Re: Re: flame away

snowbunny00774 said:

I hate it when you try to be all elusive and can't just say what you mean.

I'm just too obscure for Interference.

(That actually was a really vague joke that no-one will find funny. Shame no-one here is familiar with The Verlaines' Death And The Maiden.)

Back
Top Bottom