Things you shouldn't admit here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

You're thinking of a Zero bar :drool:

They don't sell Aero bars around here :grumpy:

And how did this turn into the chocolate thread? :tsk: That one's in LS.

Zero bars :drool:

Anyway back to the topic at hand...I would also like to say that I don't like Bullet live at all...I don't know why...even when I saw them live I didn't like it, and it was the only moment of the concert where I was kinda dissapointed

I have quite a few:

- POP is the greatest album by any band ever (Every song is incredible).

- New York is the best song on ATYCLB and (with a few exceptions) it is pretty much a throwaway album by U2 standards.

- U2 should play stadium shows again. Even though I have not been to any stadium shows, its pretty obvious that these arena shows are nothing compared to the likes of ZooTV and Popmart.

-Pride and I Still Haven't Found are two of the most boring songs U2 has ever written and I wish they would stop playing them in concert (2 of the 3 songs I actually sat down for at the Vertigo show).

-Along with Mysterious Ways, Zooropa is the best song U2 has made.

-Sometimes You Can't Make it... is ,without at doubt, the worst song on HTDAAB. One Step Closer and A Man and a Woman are two of the best on the album.

-The Joshua Tree is slightly overrated (but it is still one of my favorites)

-I wish Bono would use stage personas again.

-The album version of Please is better than the live one.

-When people compare Coldplay to U2, it makes me want to vomit.

-Overall, UF is the weakest U2 album (with ATYCLB following closely behind).

-U2 has become too serious since the 90's

There you have it.

I love Window in the Skies. I think it is beautiful.

I don't get the cult status over Mercy

I love 90+ and 00+ music a hell of a lot more then the 80's (minus a few favs like SBS and One Tree Hill)

I actually like all of U2 - I may even say I love them - i don't care if people think Larry is a grumpy asshole, that Bono talks too much out of his arse, or that the Edge is arrogant - I love them for making the music that has been my staple since I was 12!

I still cry when listening to a few songs :sad: :sad: :reject:

I love Miami
Mercy is not that good
I have no desire to buy any recent U2 DVD's
I love Wild Honey
Bono of the 00's has been getting on my nerves (SHOCK!)
I think Red Light is an okay song
I think the Unforgettable Fire (song) is nothing to write home about
I like The Refugee an awful lot
I was disapointed that U2 won all those Grammies for HTDAAB
I think the mainstream entertainment industry worships U2 too much and it may have gone to their heads
I like to hear stories about U2 acting like rock stars--I like my heroes human and flawed
I love ZooTV, AB and Zooropa like nobody's business, but I do think they seem sort of dated...
...On the other hand, JT stands up incredibly well
I saw the Rattle and Hum outakes during the peak of my U2 obsession--and was still bored stiff
Window in the Skies is a great song
I love all live versions of Bullet
I once spent $350 on a U2 ticket, and it wasn't even a good seat
I haven't posted in six months

:reject:

Diemen said:
I didn't like this tours version of Streets. Making it all about Africa really shrank it's usually epic size.

That sorta killed Streets for me in general...and it's one of my favorite songs, now everytime I hear it I get a little angry at the Vertigo tour for that

A few more then I'm done

- I like ALL of War
- I do NOT like IYWTVD
- In fact, I really don't like the second half of Pop with the exception of Please
- I will never go to a stadium show, I know I'm basing this on watching performances and that's not the best idea, but the odds of actually getting a spot anywhere were you can see anything look nearly impossible to me
- finally,
I like the movie Million Dollar Hotel, and not just because Bono had anything to do with it, I just like the movie :reject:

bono_212 said:
- I will never go to a stadium show, I know I'm basing this on watching performances and that's not the best idea, but the odds of actually getting a spot anywhere were you can see anything look nearly impossible to me

I'm with you, although I'd amend mine to state that I'd never do GA for a stadium show. I'd go in a heartbeat if I could buy a guaranteed seat, even if I'm a football-field away from the stage. :wink:

corianderstem said:

I'm with you, although I'd amend mine to state that I'd never do GA for a stadium show. I'd go in a heartbeat if I could buy a guaranteed seat, even if I'm a football-field away from the stage. :wink:

I've done the seat thing, it wasn't any fun (I have rather poor eyesite, that might be why)

The two US stadium shows I saw, I had seats (in fact, I'm not even sure there was any GA). For Zoo TV I was far back, but had a good sightline (or would have been, were it not for a tee shirt stand on the field in my way :mad: ).

For Popmart, my seats were 15th row, so yeah, those were pretty awesome. :wink:

Lemonfix said:
I love Miami
Mercy is not that good
I have no desire to buy any recent U2 DVD's
I love Wild Honey
Bono of the 00's has been getting on my nerves (SHOCK!)
I think Red Light is an okay song
I think the Unforgettable Fire (song) is nothing to write home about
I like The Refugee an awful lot
I was disapointed that U2 won all those Grammies for HTDAAB
I think the mainstream entertainment industry worships U2 too much and it may have gone to their heads
I like to hear stories about U2 acting like rock stars--I like my heroes human and flawed
I love ZooTV, AB and Zooropa like nobody's business, but I do think they seem sort of dated...
...On the other hand, JT stands up incredibly well
I saw the Rattle and Hum outakes during the peak of my U2 obsession--and was still bored stiff
Window in the Skies is a great song
I love all live versions of Bullet
I once spent $350 on a U2 ticket, and it wasn't even a good seat
I haven't posted in six months

:reject:

I think this is probably my fav list in this thread. There's so many things I agree on including Red Light, Refugee, Miami, Bono of the 00s and HTDAAB winning grammies.

Half of Pop is nothing special
I love Stuck/The Refugee/Elvis Presley & America/Red Light/The Wanderer/Wild Honey
I don't think U2 have made a bad song this decade
ATYCLB is my third favourite U2 album
Joshua Tree is my least favourite
I don't like ZooTV all that much
I'd rather U2 do an album of good songs than experiment and make a half great album (e.g. Pop)

Back
Top Bottom