They're finishing the album in South of France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
According to U2tour.de who claim they have a reliable source close to the band, U2 has been in South France for a few days now with their equipment to finish recording of the new album, that is set for release for pre-Christmas time. (I guess that means November?) They, again, say that a tour is planned for next year, both indoors and outdoors.
However, nothing is being officially confirmed, the site says to take any news with a grain of salt.

Thoughts?

Ja sej glih zato. Sej ni n? novga. Sej smo enkrat ?e sli?al, da bodo ?li v ?panijo dokon?at album. Ne smemo vse verjet kar pi?ejo!

WHO IS THIS "RELIABLE" SOURCE? Probably Edges's cousin again...

Last edited:
Aja, to si mislil.

Hja, sej res ni ni? bistveno novega, ?eprav kolikor sem jest spremljala, je to prvi?, da se je pojavil podatek, da kon?ujejo z albumom. Ravno zato, ker smo ?e sli?ali, da pride album novembra in da grejo na turnejo drugo leto, se mi zdi, da mogo?e pa bo kej na temu.

By all accounts, the album release rumours and tour rumours seem to be the same across the board, on all news sites. Hopefully more officially confirmed information will come out soon -- I know that I for one would rather post confirmed news over rumours anymore. I do think though that the late year album and tour early next year are pretty close to accurate even if the band hasn't made any official announcements yet.

yep I do think your right.........the dates seem to be in the same general time frame ... I think a couple of the boys are in France but I think its a holiday.. not recording just over Easter

U2girl, I'm curious: is English your second language?

</off-topic>

The band's recorded in southern France before, right? Wouldn't that make this rumour seem a bit plausible then?

Despite my optimism that the album's coming out this year, I'd be a lot happier if it came out next. I really, really, really want to go to the USA for the first few shows and the later, the better. Though there's the problem of fitting it in with university ...

Axver - yes it is. I'm from Slovenija, Europe.

And yes, they recorded ATYCLB (among other locations) in south of France, and if I remember correct they also started the earliest recordings right after Elevation tour ended in France, in a "ex-club".

Vidim, da se je odprl ?e en journal :) Bo? kej pisal?

Last edited:
it would be a safe bet to say the man in on Holidays in France for the week and he could have left Monday that smoking incident was on Sat.. I would expect him back after Easter in the studio

fall/winter release....before christmas...around christmas...after christmas, ohhhh, now it's clear!! santa claus will bring us the album in a cold and snowy night!! so, to all of you...don't forget to be good, otherwise you will never see the album!!!!

I don't mind if the album comes out at the end of the year. The only thing that bothers me is that I have this idea in the back of my mind that they just keep getting older, and time is flying. Will they still be in some sort of prime when they finally release this album. I hope so, I've never been able to see them in concert, and I'd hate to miss my chance to see vintage U2.:(

they can be at bono's beach house in eze. :shrug:
... and there's a studio in the house.

Katey said:
it would be a safe bet to say the man in on Holidays in France for the week and he could have left Monday that smoking incident was on Sat.. I would expect him back after Easter in the studio

He will be back after the Easter holidays , my friend was talking to Sam on Wednesday at HQ when he came out to tell her that Bono was in France on holiday.

U2girl said:
Axver - yes it is. I'm from Slovenija, Europe.

Wow, I always thought you were someone who was from an English-speaking country and moved there (or something like that)! I didn't think English was your second language.

Back on topic, this does sound more like a holiday, but then again, wasn't it mentioned that they took recording equipment ...?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i have adam locked in my basement... so they can't be in france

That's just a clone, you fool. The real Adam's currently promoting forty foot lemons as a viable mode of transport in the Antarctic.

Axver said:

Wow, I always thought you were someone who was from an English-speaking country and moved there (or something like that)! I didn't think English was your second language.

Back on topic, this does sound more like a holiday, but then again, wasn't it mentioned that they took recording equipment ...?

Thank you. :)

:shrug: I dunno - the article says they've got all their recording equipment and now we've heard that they (Bono) are on holiday.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Hey I'm on Holiday too!! Wow, Bono and I have something in common!!!

And I've stood on the same patch of grass he would've! (Athletic Park, Wellington, New Zealand)

Aren't we blessed? Hehe, I think it says you may be a bit too obsessed when you get excited about going to a particular airport because the lads would've been through there ...

On second thoughts ... nah, that's perfectly reasonable! Got to love going to Brisbane and Wellington airports!

yeah there's a studios in the house but that doesn't mean they are recording :lol: i think bono is juts in france with his kids for Easter. But the weather is shit there ( my mum told me) so he will be back in dublin soon :up:

Back
Top Bottom