Theres something strange about...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

another/day

The Fly
I think staring at the sun is a acid song.

for example the title staring at the sun. their was a old myth which that people who used acid were going blind from staring at the sun.

And bono mentions insects crawling him. and the thing about scrathching.

and it sounds like hes tripping out throughout the whole song.

but i could be wrong

"Theres an insect in your ear, if you scratch it wont disapear, its gonna itch and burn and sting, you wonna see what the scratching brings".

Its so bloody obvious that hes referring too some form of tripping out.

alot of people on acid, mention feeling insects and bugs on them crawling around which they cant rid of, and people do say when you scratch or push it, it seems too burrow into the skin or turn into something worse.:huh:

Does it only have to be about one thing? :huh:

another/day said:
I think staring at the sun is a acid song.

for example the title staring at the sun. their was a old myth which that people who used acid were going blind from staring at the sun.

And bono mentions insects crawling him. and the thing about scrathching.

and it sounds like hes tripping out throughout the whole song.

but i could be wrong

:laugh:

If you really want to know what the song is about, it is about people ignoring the problems of the world. People just having a good time, but realizing that something is wrong but not wanting to think about it. That is what the scratching is. Listen to the lyrics with that in mind. Bono is trying is make us realize that we need to pay attention to the problems with our world, and not be blind.

maybe its about a nasty skin reaction to the sun.... hives, itchy peelings, or some other stuff.... lol.

Back
Top Bottom