There was a U2 category on Jeopardy last night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
It was "U2 songs in other words" and the clues were the titles of various U2 songs...in other words. For instance, one was something like Dizziness, Hitchcock Style (What is Vertigo?).

Seeing the category I thought I'd do an awesome job but it took me a while to decipher some of them :lol:

I used to watch Jeopardy but I didn't no anything in a bunch of the categories mainly the types of alcoholic drinks and foods. I think I would of been good at this. If you remember any of the other clues you should post them or come up with some.

damn you Trebek.

seanconnerysmalled7.jpg

I only got the first three. I thought the fourth one was Windmill Lane. :|

Totally missed the Brit and Yank one, but got the rest of them.

"I'll take anal bum cover for $300."

"No no no, that's an album cover."

Lila64 said:

:lmao:

Actually I think this episode is a repeat, because I recall a U2 category earlier in the year :hmm:

Yeah, I think it was a repeat. I always hope for U2-related answers so it was cool to have an entire category devoted to them.

Searching through that website, J-Archive, you can find past answers related to them (there was a final jeopardy question at one point that asked which two men, both christened Paul, toured Africa a few years back.)

Also, I just searched the archive for "pride" and "love" because I figured they had to have asked a question about Pride and MLK. Turns out they did, and it was in a category completely about U2 from 1999! (Gotta search for stuff like that because "U2" is too short of a phrase to perform a search for, unfortunatly).

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=1046&highlight=pride+love

That should link you to the page with the category.

That site's kinda scaring me now...they really break down every single episode of the show don't they....there is a graph on there! a graph!!!

Canadiens1160 said:

And your wager was....
I :heart: boobs

Catherine Denuerve, and Charo twice.

it's Foreign FLICKS, MR. CONNERY.

Foreign...FLICKS.

I missed two of them :(

cool that they had a U2 category though. If I were on the show I'd be all "What is U2 IS AWESOME" and they'd kick me off for being a dumbass

A little off subject but in the same vein:
I landed on Vh1's Pop Culture trivia game show thingy last night and they were having a tie-breaker that ask each one of the contestants to name one of the studio albums produced by U2 since 1980.
These two could only come up with Joshua Tree, POP, & ATYCLB.
The girl named 2 and the guy only 1 :|

Then later they had to guess lyrics to songs, and One's, have you come here for forgiveness, have you come to raise the dead..etc
The guy couldn't answer what the name of the song was but the girl did.
Her team won the $250,000.00 at the end..

sue4u2 said:
A little off subject but in the same vein:
I landed on Vh1's Pop Culture trivia game show thingy last night and they were having a tie-breaker that ask each one of the contestants to name one of the studio albums produced by U2 since 1980.
These two could only come up with Joshua Tree, POP, & ATYCLB.
The girl named 2 and the guy only 1 :|

Then later they had to guess lyrics to songs, and One's, have you come here for forgiveness, have you come to raise the dead..etc
The guy couldn't answer what the name of the song was but the girl did.
Her team won the $250,000.00 at the end..

I saw this too! You'd think they would at least know HTDAAB since it's the most recent one

Oh and the guy named Zooropa too, go figure :huh:

Back
Top Bottom