Theme of HTDAAB...from lyrics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoodlem

War Child
I posted the following in another post (favorite lyrics) but no one was commenting on my thoughts (they just posted which song has their favorite lyrics). So I will post it here.

Please read and discuss:

For me there are lots of highlights but what I love the most is there seems to be a constant theme of repentance and being 'born again'. It very much is a journey from doubt to faith as Bono said. What's great is that we are caught right in the middle of this change. ATYCLB seems to me to have been the voice of a man who had already been through that process and was now attempting to help others ("walk On", "Stuck"). This Album is seems to be the voice of someone who has just realized that there is a better way and is now extremely humble and asking for help to find it.

It is as if HTDAAB's character is the person being spoken to in "Stuck in a Moment" and throughout ATYCLB. It's like Bono had all the answers in 2000 but now in 2004 he has reevaluated (since his fathers death) and has found that he needs to find the answers all over again. I am very excited because this should make for a better record. It has certainly made for better lyrics. Much more personal and heartfelt. If the music is on par with the lyrics (which so far it seems to be) this icould be an outstanding piece of work. The magic that (I feel) was lost in ATYCLB may have been recaptured.

I agree, its harder to try to express someone else's emotion (i.e. what you mentiones with ATYCLB) it is always easier and truer to express one's own emotions (i.e. what you are guessing HTDAAB will be like)

Back
Top Bottom