The Zooropa rules thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JulioArca said:

How can you not like the Zooropa album with that nick and avatar:wink:

:laugh:

MacPhisto rules :mac::mac::mac::mac:

I don't like the album because it annoys me: it has fantastic songs like Zooropa, Stay, The First Time, even Some days are better than others but I almost hate the rest... okay, Lemon is cool and funny but I still don't like it. EVEN WITH THIS NICK :wink:

Best song they ever wrote?

I'll give that to Until The End Of The World, but damn it's close.

A bluer kind of white... it could be yours tonight...

And I have no compass... and I have no map... and I have no reasons, no reasons to get back...

And I have no religion... and I don't know what's what... and I don't know the limits, the limits of what we've got!

DON'T WORRY BABY!
IT'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It doesn't get better than this.

MacPhistoPT said:

:laugh:

MacPhisto rules :mac::mac::mac::mac:

I don't like the album because it annoys me: it has fantastic songs like Zooropa, Stay, The First Time, even Some days are better than others but I almost hate the rest... okay, Lemon is cool and funny but I still don't like it. EVEN WITH THIS NICK :wink:

Don't expect - suggest.

Dirty Day rox man. :)

I always get the first "from father to son" to "fly forever too soon."

A much better line, but the lyrics don't agree with me! It sounds like Bono says so!

Oh man, I want to say every lyric in this song is my favorite, but I'll pick a couple of lines:

"Get your head out of the mud, baby
Put flowers in the mud, baby"

"It's cold outside, but brightly lit"

Awesome, awesome song. It sits at #8 on my all-time list.

Sorry 'bout the caps, but I'm pretty stoned right now so I must've hit the CAPS LOCK key.

Gotta hate IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS...SHIT...THERE I GO AGAIN.....

starvinmarvin said:
Sorry 'bout the caps, but I'm pretty stoned right now so I must've hit the CAPS LOCK key.

Gotta hate IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS...SHIT...THERE I GO AGAIN.....
Puff puff pass the blunt

Seriously now, I need to listen to Zooropa high. I bet it would do a Dark Side of the Moon number on the noodle.

Ladera Heights said:

Let me know if you see pink elephants or giant green Smurfs during that squiggly noise at the end of Zooropa.

Yes! Brilliant! I highly (no pun intended) recommend listening to Zooropa while stoned!

question: when did they ever play this song live? how was it? noticeably not-so-great ---- or just tough to pull off live for the band?

i would be SO curious to hear them attempt this live. does anyone have a copy of a show with zooropa on it from that tour? i would be in their debt! my email: jonathan flax at comcast dot net

thanks!

briarrose said:
Yes, this is a great song. I wrote a 9 page paper on this album and got an A on it. My professor loved it.

what class was it for? i wouldn't mind taking a class where i had to write about u2.

blahblahblah said:
I think it was during the Wembley shows, couldn't say though. :S

It was played twice at 2 of the 4 Wembley shows. Shame they canned it. Maybe it was a buzz kill, but I couldn't say because I wasn't there. Anyone witness this masterpiece live?

I've heard the recording and it was a truncated version, starting from Zooropa II, where it starts with "And I have no compass". I did sound awkward.

Ladera Heights said:
U2 really needs to get back to challenging music like the Zooropa album. What a work of art...

Absolutely, listened to the whole thing last night, apart from babyface that is. (just doesn't do it for me, I prefer the siren at the end of the album)

I love this song/album. :heart: Especially late at night when mellowed out and just enjoying the music because it makes you feel good. :yes:
Stellar lyrics and something different at the end. What more could your want.
On my top 5 list of the finest accomplishments in U2's long history! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom