The ZOOROPA appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earnie Shavers said:
Zooropa the song is incredible, it's an album of ideas in itself.

Zooropa the album is a shining light in U2's catalogue. It is in many ways the anti-Bomb: Lightning inspiration that has to get out, done quickly and carefree, you can almost hear their heads exlpoding with ideas. It will never happen again. Zooropa, Lemon & Stay are 3 of U2's singular finest moments, but are only the starting point for a fantastic, brilliant album. I adore Zooropa.

:up: Good post, I agree 100%!

It did take me a while to get into it but it's now one of my favs. Definitely ahead of its time.

I've been listening to Zooropa alot the last few days. There are so many thing I love about this album. The drums in the opening of Daddy's Gonna Pay :drool: , the guitar on Somedays, These days, days days run away like horses over the hill. Johnny Cash!!!!. Vorsprung Dersch Technik. The contrast of Lemon, the monotone groove of Numb and the bang and the clatter.

The only song I never really got into was Babyface.

My favorites of the album are as follows in order

1. Zooropa
2. Lemmon
3. Babyface

I played Zooropa once to my friend and just as the song kicked into high gear my friend was like NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE give me that song! and he is not a U2 fan.

unoscatorce said:
I listened to the album last night with my headphones with a somewhat re-arranged playlist and was blown away by the greatness that is ZOOROPA. :wink:

:up: Isn't it amazing to listen to music with headphones on and REALLY H E A R things so unbelievably clear unlike live or stereo? I love it. Investment in a good set of headphones is essential in my life! :D

Zooropa = 3 months to do it -> Great album
Pop = 4 years to do it -> Unfinished album (but good)
Leave Behind = 4 years to do it -> Finished album (not good as pop)
Bomb = 4 years to do it -> Too finished album (not good as pop?)

Wow! Zooropa is really a great great great great album!
They needed 3 months to do it! Give us a new album in 2 months!!:mad: :mad: :mad: ..................................................:wink:

My fave tracks would be Stay and Numb, but I prefer the Best Of mix of Numb, it just works better for me especially when you have headphones on, you can even hear Adam there (I swear it's him, man).

Carek1230 said:

:up: Isn't it amazing to listen to music with headphones on and REALLY H E A R things so unbelievably clear unlike live or stereo? I love it. Investment in a good set of headphones is essential in my life! :D

Yeah, it is amazing to actually hear every little detail, and makes you realize all the effort that really did go into the making of that album.

I'm not sure how good my headphones are but it sure beat using my cheap old CD player anyway.:wink: (I could really use a good stereo, someday!)

If you are any kind of a music afficianado, a good stereo and a really good set of headphones is essential :up: You are absolutely right about the details you hear that make you think about all that is involved in recording. Makes me appreciate the artists and the music that much more, if that's possible! Music is like air to me.

I love this record as you can tell by my username. Zooropa is definitely one of my favourite songs by anyone and quite possibly my fav U2 song. That whole era was an amazing and magical time for U2 fans. I sure wish I could go back and experience it again. Dirty Day and Stay are just simply awesome.

I can't make out what they're saying in the Babel part(slow intro part of track) of Zooropa. What exactly is it?

Last edited:
babyman said:
Pop = 4 years to do it -> Unfinished album (but good)
Bomb = 4 years to do it -> Too finished album (not good as pop?)

Wow! Zooropa is really a great great great great album!
They needed 3 months to do it! Give us a new album in 2 months!!:mad: :mad: :mad: ..................................................:wink:

Yeah, I'm thinking I like these "unfinished" albums more than the finished ones. I wouldn't say Pop really took four years though, I guess it sort of did but Passengers has got to be counted too, so it was really more like two years. Maybe.

Anyway, U2 should totally release an album tomorrow. I'd buy it.

We've got that ring of confidence.

I am one of those that just loves whatever U2 releases. I like some material better than other material, and for various reasons. Overall I'd buy a new cd if they released one tomorrow, for sure! :up:

new CD :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Imagine all experimantal things all things that didn't fit the mood of HTDAAB. I would love an album tomorow esp if the album had a hard rocking tone to it more in the lines of LPOE but with the zooropa touch to it :drool: :drool: :drool:

damb i am drowning on my own drool!:drool: :drool: :drool:

Pop = 4 years to do it -> AMAZING ALBUM (with a speed bump on Miami/Playboy Mansion)
Bomb = 4 years to do it -> Finished album ALMOST AS GOOD AS POP,

funny, since for me BOMB has NO speed bumps, but still just stops short of POP greatness. Still, I think BOMB is truly Great, the way that ATYCLB could have been.

Everyone sing along :rockon:

[What do you want? ... what do you want?]

Zooropa - Vorsprung durch Technik

Zooropa - be all that you can be

Be a winner - eat to get slimmer

Zooropa - a bluer kind of white

Zooropa - it could be yours tonight

We're mild and green and squeaky clean

[What do you want? ...what do you want?]

Zooropa - better by design
Zooropa - fly the friendly skies
Through appliance of science
We've got that ring of confidence

And I have no compass
And I have no map
And I have no reasons
No reasons to get back

And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what
And I don't know the limit
The limit of what we got

Don't worry, baby - it'll be alright
You've got the right shoes
To get you through the night
It's cold outside, but brightly lit
Skip the subway - let's go to the overground
Get your head out of the mud, baby
Put flowers in the mud, baby
Overground

No particular place names
No particular songs
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?

Don't worry, baby - it's gonna be alright
Uncertainty can be a guiding light
I hear voices, ridiculous voices
I'm in the slipstream
Let's go, let's go overground
Take your head out of the mud, baby

She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in
She's gonna dream out loud
She's gonna dream out loud - dream out loud

I wonder if U2 will ever make an album like zooropa or i wonder if they will make a song like zooropa. I usualy wouldn't like them to make two songs that sound very semilar as that becomes static but a song like zooropa would rule!!! esp a very instrumental song!

I used to have that "what do you want" as my IM sound when I used IM a whole lot. I have heard that so many times by itself I'd bet that it is Edge. Possibly Larry, possibly someone totally seperate from the band, my best guess is Edge though.

It's either that or a sample of some sort. If that were the case, I'd think they'd need to credit it, if it were from a copyrighted film or album etc. ??? I dunno.

and Zooropa is about as good as it gets for this fan. Album or song, U2 at their absolute very best.

Back
Top Bottom