The Worst Rock Stars Ever (bono at no:2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another skewed opinion of the greatest showman in the world.
You either like what he's doing or you don't, period. So he is a politician and rockstar wrapped up in one, so what, who's going to tell him he can't do that? Oh, it's too late.

Yes, Bono sucks b/c some people don't like Pop.....OK....... :huh: :rolleyes:

1) Pop is not a failure

2) Bono didn't make the whole album himself

I think Bono is a bad rock star as well, but for completely different reasons.

While Bono had long hair in the 80's, which is typical of rock stars, he sang and wrote Christian-inspired lyrics, discussed and participated in charities, and spoke about the injustices of the world.

When Bono put on the "rock star image" with ZOO TV, he still was political, discussing the U.S. election and the war in Sarajevo. He still participated in Green Peace events and openly donated to charities (proceeds from "One" went to AIDS research).

Now that Bono is a "seasoned veteran", he created DATA, to help relieve the debt and disease of Third World Nations.

None of this is very rock-star like. In fact, it's outrageous for a rock star to behave this way!! Where is the drug overdose? Where are the arrests? Where are the reports of infidelity or children out of wedlock? Where are the lawsuits? The drunken fights? Where are the tabloid pics of Bono parading with loose women (or men)? Where are the arrests? The drug convictions? You call Bono a rock star?! HA!

Bono is indeed a poor rock start - thank God!

Have you read "Until the End of the World" book by Flannigan, covering the whole ZooTv Tour. Read that and the stuff Bono does and thats enough rock star for me. I think he balances everything out perfectly, the fact the man can go out to a bar with models and outdrink anyone there and still get up the next morning and meet with Bill Clinton to discuss Africa. Man, to me that the quintessential rock star (I know...I misspelled it). But I see your point.

If those who critisize Bono for his political work think "sex, drugs and rock n roll" is the rock star definition (totally dated IMO), then yes, Bono is a bad rock star. :)

u2ulysses, U2girl and everyone else who has supported Bono in this thread - :applaud:

I agree. If being a selfish, overindulgent, unintelligent, drug-taking, sex-craving person is the standard of being a "good" Rock star,
then I'm GLAD that they rated Bono as the second "worst" Rock star of all time. :wink:

For the millions of us around the globe who love and respect his work with U2 and his humanitarian efforts, BONO IS JUST FINE WITH US! :bow:

WHAT YOU GOT THEY CAN'T STEAL IT. NO, THEY CAN'T EVEN FEEL IT. :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

AoH, you're gonna love this:

creaturesofthestreet.gif

jobriathandthecreatures.jpg

cover.jpg

Apparently he was the first openly gay pop/rock star. He took a lot of awesome pictures :wink:

MESSAGE FOR SHAUN VOX!!
Firstly your the bloody twat! How daire you slag of U2, he is one of the best rock stars! I don't give a crap what that flamming list says, its written by a bunch of nobodies!

Im sticking up for bono because he wants to change our dreadful world that we live in for the better! It shows that he is down to earth and fame has not gone over his head like other rock stars!

U2 started up Rock n roll again, after it went down hill, if it werent for them then we would have loads of pricks in the charts like Britany and Jessica Simpson etc! It is at the mo but wait until Oasis's and U2s new albums come out!

DONT DISRESPECT POP! ITS A GREAT ALBUM!!!!
:mad: :madspit:

uh...I thought the list was hilarious. I snickered the whole way through.

I didnt find it funny. Im only sticking up for Bono! Whats the point of coming to this forum if ur just gonna slag em off? :( :mad: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom