The world premiere of Vertigo...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
I think I can officialy make the claim as the first Interferencer to hear "hello hello... you're in a place called vertigo" live in concert...

why can i make this claim you ask?

because tony from the unforgettable fire (www.uf2.com) just sang the entire chorus about an hour ago :wink:

"do you know that one? you will..."

Last edited:
Does that mean the whole music video idea with U2 and tribute bands is true?

That was a nice little song, but is no way near what Vertigo sounds like.

Phalanx said:
That was a nice little song, but is no way near what Vertigo sounds like.

Well you must have bionic ears then because the original is barely audible and this guy is just doing what he thinks it might sound like not what it's actually gonna be so :madspit:

I don't have bionic ears, but I've listened to the original and the cleaned up version many times, so it isn't too difficult to get an idea of the song.

I like the song the guy created, I just don't think it sounds much like Vertigo. I am still entitled to an opinion here, right?

Can you PM me a link to the cleaned up version of "Vertigo", Phalanx, please?

I think the clip does sound like Vertigo, especially the chords!
Does anybody knows which chords there are played?

Phalanx said:
I don't have bionic ears, but I've listened to the original and the cleaned up version many times, so it isn't too difficult to get an idea of the song.

I like the song the guy created, I just don't think it sounds much like Vertigo. I am still entitled to an opinion here, right?

Of course your allowed to your opinion but i think you dismiss this clip too quickly. I too have listened to the 90 second clips tons of times especially the cleaned up version and f you listen to the clip carefully, Edge plays the same 4 chords over again until 25 seconds then he plays some crazy stuff that is almost impossible to make out the exact chords for 35-40 seconds then the song comes to a full stop and when Bono does that awesome singing the song kicks back into the same 4 chords as the beginning. The guy who made this clip is just playing those 4 chords over and over with a little improvising but the point is i'm sure those are the same 4 chords and his drumming is pretty well done on to what Larry is doing over the 4 chord parts.

The song is in E, I believe. The chords are something like

E-D-G-A (play barred versions of these chords)

Then Bono says "I can feel....". At this point, just alternate between barred E and Esus4...probably not the right thing, but works just as well. I suggest this because I can't make out what's on the recording.

Then there's a quick refrain which is basically G-D-A. You can play the open chords of this, or the power chords or the barred chords: although the power and barred chords give the song a little more strength.

Then the little solo is something like this: (each chord hit three times, but to save space and time, I just wrote each chord)

b-10---9----9----9---------
g--9----9---11---9-------
d--9----9---9----9------

Edge is hitting notes on the e-minor string, but that's up to you.

Then there's the Unforgettable Fire-inspired part which is something like this

e---------19----------17---
b-----19----------17-------
g--19---------17-----------

Well, that's my interpretation. I posted it here so that others can add and perhaps make corrections to it. :wink: This is more of a simple guide: play along to it and see what how like playing it.

-Cheers

Last edited:
Phalynx that's great you know theory, i only play by ear right now but i am going to try to learn as much as possible. Maybe we can all form a U2 tribute band called The Vertigos or hows about "The Dismantlers of U2 Bombs" ? :hyper:

Last edited:
im pretty sure that little solo in the middle goes like this

b-10---9----9----7---------
g--9----9---9---9-------
d--9----9---9----9------

Apart from that, thanks for the tab!

Heh, I don't really know any theory, I just figured this all out by ear.

TheBrazilianFly said:
Where in that site is their Vertigo "cover"?

Brazillian are you talking about the one I linked to ? If so it's here and it's just one guy playing a part of the song that he could hear, not the whole 90 second clip.

http://www3.telus.net/pete/stuff/Vertigo+Mick.mp3

*ok i just re-read your post and i think your asking for the original posters band he heard. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom