The Word Maze t-shirt...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
I've searched, but can't find anything on this topic posted before... so apologies if this has been asked previously.

The Word Maze t-shirt on u2.com... why?

I bought it without knowing what it said, just because I thought it was a cool idea; and now that I know what it says, I want to know why it says that, and if there's some hidden deeper significance that I'm blissfully unaware of as I wear it around. :)

I was talking about this to a friend of mine, and gave her a summary of what it says (the energy of the Big Bang being just right to form the universe as we know it - well, fair enough, if the energy had been different we'd have a different universe; stuff about dark matter and 90% of the universe's mass being invisible), and she thought it had come straight out of Edge's head. Is this likely?

Alisaura said:
I've searched, but can't find anything on this topic posted before... so apologies if this has been asked previously.

The Word Maze t-shirt on u2.com... why?

I bought it without knowing what it said, just because I thought it was a cool idea; and now that I know what it says, I want to know why it says that, and if there's some hidden deeper significance that I'm blissfully unaware of as I wear it around. :)

I was talking about this to a friend of mine, and gave her a summary of what it says (the energy of the Big Bang being just right to form the universe as we know it - well, fair enough, if the energy had been different we'd have a different universe; stuff about dark matter and 90% of the universe's mass being invisible), and she thought it had come straight out of Edge's head. Is this likely?

It's from the artwork displayed in the deluxe edition of Bomb. The book is filled with art from all four members. I don't have the book in front of and I can't remember who did the word pictograms(there was more than one) but I'm sure someone will come along with that info...

Aah, cool. Thanks! I clearly didn't get the deluxe version, although it sounds cool. My bad for not being in frothing fan collector mode when it came out :wink:

And upon some reflection, I could guess that a lot of the other t-shirts on u2.com also features this artwork too? The bomb diagrams, that hand-print one...?

Alisaura said:
And upon some reflection, I could guess that a lot of the other t-shirts on u2.com also features this artwork too? The bomb diagrams, that hand-print one...?

As far as I know, those are Edge's as well.

And the Samurai sword diagrams in the special edition booklet.

Sweet! :D I want to get hold of this collector's edition now... *trawls internet with blatant disregard for her emaciated credit card account*
Thanks BVS and Edgette! :)

Back
Top Bottom