The wierdest thing a non-U2 fan have said to you about U2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is rather a long story, but it's got refererences to visuals, dialouge, cases of mistaken identity and just general stupidity, and a really annoying commentary (in the dialouge) that i couldn't force myself to leave out...and now it's got a rather embarrassingly long and wordy intro...

on aim i've got the boxing edge pic (rather pathetically) shrunk to fit the buddy icon...i've had to explain who and what he's doing to everyone who sees it, and everyone else has their own theory--is he brushing his teeth? is he removing false teeth? is he picking his nose? is he punching himself in the face? i don't see his hands at all! it looks like he's just staring at me! etc...

that being said, fastforward to about a month later:

after a long im discussion, with someone i've known for about 6 years, about how much i enjoyed "gangs of new york" and trying to convince this huge leonardo dicaprio fan to go see it (she won't cos it's too bloody, but she'd seen "catch me if you can" three times already), i started on about how cool "the hands that built america" sounded at the end...

my friend: that sounds like it would be in that movie [note: i guess she meant the title sounds like it would fit the movie well]

me: it was really good you should see it [sometimes i turn into a walking advertisement without meaning to]

my friend: who sings it?

me: u2

her: what's that? [commentary: WHAT's that?? no, i don't even get a WHO's that? WHAT's that?? arg...anyway, on with the story]

me: u2 is a band. they're from ireland. they've been around for a really long time--their first album came out in 1980. you know the guy who i have in my buddy icon? he's the guitarist in the band. his name is the edge. bono's the singer, i'm sure you've heard of him. i'm sure you've heard "beautiful day". i'm sure you've heard "elevation". i'm sure you've heard a ton of their other songs...you watch mtv, i don't, and I'VE seen these videos [yes, i really DO write that much in a single im thingie]

her: oh i thought THE EDGE was the band...u2's the band? what's a bono?

[lots of convincing and general frustration on my part, followed by a barage of links to sites of all shapes, sizes and content, pertaining to u2 and their music]

her: oh so u2 is tha band and the edge and the bono are in that band?

me: (ignores 'the' bono) yes.

i haven't laughed this hard in a long time til reading this

Real Wild Child said:
My friend at school puts on some orange sunnies and says "Look at me! I'm Boner!!" and starts singing " WOOOOHOO!!WOOOHOO!! EJA-CU-LA-TION!!" Then I punch him!!

:laugh: :lmao:

It seems like the only U2 video that everybody has seen is the Numb video, so they think that all U2 does is rub feet on "that one guys" face....stupid pop culture lemmings

another thing about the numb video is when people try to convince you that it's not u2 cos "that's not the guy that's always on tv and stuff and besides, it doesn't sound like them."

Schmeg said:
Co-worker: Yeah, what was that song...When the Stars Go Blue? That was great. How long have there been girls in the group?

:lmao: :lmao:

Me: Until the End of the World is, like, the best live song EVER. And then they do this bullfight thing...
Paul: Cool. Let's watch that one. *Gets up to get a beer during "In my dreams..."*

:mad: I hate that!!

This thread is hilarious!! :laugh:

as hilarious as this thread is, this is serious, but maybe is fake too

Once a friend at school told me something that got stuck in my head for a long time.
He told me he hated Bono, I asked why (ready to defend my hero)
He said: "I hate him 'cause because of him, Kurt Cobain died..."
I literally froze, but managed to ask him why?. He said: "Bono and Kurt were friends, very good friends. But when Kurt was having one of his angry/sad attacks (THE angry/sad attack, the one that drove him to kill himself), he called Bono, asking him for help. The bad part is that apparently Bono tried to not get involved, because he was at a party or some kind of loud reunion (a party, right?). He (Bono) said 'sorry Kurt, I can't help you right now, can you call me tomorrow?' (the "call me tomorrow" part could be wrong). The point is that Bono didn't help him and hung up. Kurt was counting in Bono to help him with his problems and he didn't, and Kurt couldn't hadle it any more and he killed himself.
If Bono would have take a little of his time to attend to his friend, maybe this tragedy wouldn't happened. That's why I hate him"

What do you think?
At least I don't buy it
:p

pepokiss said:

Once a friend at school told me something that got stuck in my head for a long time.
I literally froze, but managed to ask him why?. He said: "Bono and Kurt were friends, very good friends. But when Kurt was having one of his angry/sad attacks (THE angry/sad attack, the one that drove him to kill himself), he called Bono, asking him for help. The bad part is that apparently Bono tried to not get involved, because he was at a party or some kind of loud reunion (a party, right?). He (Bono) said 'sorry Kurt, I can't help you right now, can you call me tomorrow?' (the "call me tomorrow" part could be wrong). The point is that Bono didn't help him and hung up. Kurt was counting in Bono to help him with his problems and he didn't, and Kurt couldn't hadle it any more and he killed himself.
If Bono would have take a little of his time to attend to his friend, maybe this tragedy wouldn't happened. That's why I hate him"

What do you think?
At least I don't buy it

No, this is to wierd.

Girl in class: Oh! You're a U2 fan! I love With or Without You! Isn't that from their first album? You know, The Joshua Tree?

Dumb girl in my dorm: *watching superbowl halftime* Just think about it. U2 is famous all over the world - I mean, EVERYBODY has heard of them. America is the only country that has bands that are that famous!

Guy Friend: *points at Larry* He should be the singer. He's the hot one.

:D

pepokiss said:

What do you think?
At least I don't buy it

I've heard rumours that Bono and Kurt were friends, and Bono is definitely a Nirvana fan (he's said so in interviews), but even that (Bono talking to Kurt on that day) seems a pretty far-fetched to me. :shrug: If it were true, I think it would have eventually surfaced in the media.

Last edited:
I can't picture Bono and Kurt being friends. Kurt just hated the whole "ROCK STAR" thing. The true story is that Courtney Love said she wishes Kurt had spoken to Bono. She feels he could given Kurt a different POV on the whole fame thing, possibly saving his life.

kariatari said:
Girl in class: Oh! You're a U2 fan! I love With or Without You! Isn't that from their first album? You know, The Joshua Tree?

Dumb girl in my dorm: *watching superbowl halftime* Just think about it. U2 is famous all over the world - I mean, EVERYBODY has heard of them. America is the only country that has bands that are that famous!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That is just SCARY!!! :no:

pepokiss said:

What do you think?
At least I don't buy it

:eyebrow: :hmm: That sounds kind of weird to me...I have never heard anything before about Kurt and Bono being friends, let alone "very good" friends. Even if they were, you can't blame one person for another's suicide. It's always SO much more complicated than that.

teehee said:
I have just remember this one. I was talking to a friend in class, and a classmate came and asked:

"Who do you love the most Bono or your mum?"
"Uh... :uhoh:"

hahahahahaha that is too funny,

i hate when people ask me who my favorite member is, as if it was a boy band, but i just dont want to admit to starngers that i have a thing for men 25 years older than me :drool:

My Mom, while watching the Superbowl halftime performance last year---

"who are those guys he's with?" :crazy:

"what guys," I asked her, confused. :huh: :scratch:

"The others guys U2 is with?" :crazy:

Poor woman thought Bono was U2! Had to fill her in that he's the voice( and what a voice) and there are 3 other members of the band, equally important.

kariatari said:

those are hilarrious!! that "isn't that off their first album thing" is like a worse version of when people think that "lightning crashes" is off live's first album...

american! haha! u2? calling her "dumb girl in your dorm" is an understatement!

as for that last one, that's just too funny for comment!

I once heard that Kurt and Bono were friends, but I'm not sure if it's true. My sister is a HUGE Nirvana fan. U2 is to us as Nirvana is to her, she is also somewhat a U2 fan but she's never mentioned any connection between the two, so I seriously doubt that this story is true.

Back
Top Bottom