The wierdest thing a non-U2 fan have said to you about U2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EPandAmerica said:
During the Popmart tour, had on the t-shirt with Bono in the front and Edge on the back, and a guy at a gas station pointed to the front and asked "Is that your boyfriend?" !!! :drool: :crack:

Ha! I hope you told him, "Yes. My boyfriend loves my breasts so much that he insisted on being as close to them as possible all the live-long day."

These are too funny!

Person; "What are your favorite bands Greg?"

Me: "U2 is probably my favorite band"

Person: "You must be a skateboarder! All my skateboard friends are U2 fans:)"

bearded morrison said:
My desktop picture is U2 in the desert sitting on a fence Joshua Tree era. A co-worker comes in and asks: "Is that a family picture?" I replied "If that was my family I would be spending a lot more time with them."

:lol: I'm glad they're not my family, if ya know what I mean. :shifty:

teehee said:
Friend's friend comes to my room:

Me *points to poster*: Bono IS hot, isn't he?
Friend: Who? That? That is Bono?
Me: Didn't you know him?
Friend: No, I thought he was just in your imagination like an invisible boyfriend or something.

:slant:

:lmao:

Girl in class: Ooh! A CD! What CD is that?
Me: *looks down at the giant U2 Best of 1990 sign* Um...U2
Her: Oh! I love U2! I mean, I don't have any of their cds or anything, but they're soo cool. I loved The Space Between. That was a kick ass song!

agghhhh.....

and of course, I get a lot of :

U2? You mean that band with the Bow-no guy?

I was in the car with a friend and Staring at the Sun came on the radio. After about a minute he asks, "Is this U2?" I tell him that it sure is. He then says, "Their newest album wasn't very good. Beautiful Day is alright, but they ripped it off of that song Video Killed the Radio Star." To this my eyes did something like this :eeklaugh: then I explained to him that wherever he read or heard that was horribly mistaken.

I also have many friends who seem to think songs from Zooropa are on POP. I listen to my vinyl records of those albums a lot and they are asking me, "Hey put on POP so we can hear Numb and Lemon." They somehow seem to forget the name Zooropa, like it vanishes from their memory the second after I tell them that Numb and Lemon are from that album and not POP. I guess POP is just a whole lot easier to remember.

And lastsly, I was on a bus and I was weaing one of my many U2 Elevation tour shirts (first leg shit, white, with all 4 standing and orange detailing). This one guy comes up to me and starts explaining how much of a U2 fan he is and how he loves them so much. He then asks me what my favorite album is. I say "Zooropa is my favorite, but I like them all." He gives me this look like I just spoke in a foreign language and says, "Zooropa? Never heard of that one." I try to explain that it came out in 1993 after Achtung Baby but before POP. He just looked confused so the conversation ended rather quickly after that.

Achtung Zooropa said:
I was in the car with a friend and Staring at the Sun came on the radio. After about a minute he asks, "Is this U2?" I tell him that it sure is. He then says, "Their newest album wasn't very good. Beautiful Day is alright, but they ripped it off of that song Video Killed the Radio Star." To this my eyes did something like this :eeklaugh: then I explained to him that wherever he read or heard that was horribly mistaken.

Maybe it's got the same chord progression or something. If a friend of mine had said that to me, I would have answered, "Well, you know that "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is the same song as Boston's "More Than a Feeling," right?" :wink:

There are only so many chords in existence, and rock and roll has been around for a good 30-40 years now. You're going to get some repetition!

in my car with my friend listening to ATYCLB...

me : oh wouldnt it be so cool if we could afford to stay in bonos hotel when we go to dublin ...

friend : who ?

me : bono , u2 the guy whos singing ...

friend : oh yeah that would be cool

*she thinks*

friend : so does he own a chain of hotels then ?

me : no .... he and edge own a massive hotel in dublin

friend : oh so are they irish then ?

me : :rolleyes: ;)

Okay here we go:

Friend: I dont like Bono?
Me:Why?
Friend: He moves around to much on stage and plays with the camera tooooo much
Me: hahahaha

another time:

Me: watching U2 best of 90-00 dvd(specially Missing Saravejo part)
(i cant tell the amount of times they mentioned "U2" and "1997"
Gramma: Is that U2?
Me: yes gram thats U2!
Gramma:Oh they look younger!!
Me: yea it was in 1997
Gramma: yea but they look younger
Me:*laugh* yea gramma 6 yrs can do alot to you!!

more to come

This happened the day I brought the NME magazine to work to read on break:
Co-worker: Oh, a U2 magazine? I LOVE U2! I'd love to go to a U2 concert!
Me: *thinking she's a nut like me* I ADORE U2! *Random gushing about being in the heart*
Co-worker: Yeah, what was that song...When the Stars Go Blue? That was great. How long have there been girls in the group?

I am currently trying to convert a very nice young man who keeps coming up with the most bizarre things to say about U2 to impress me. His name is Paul...would anyone like to guess why I first agreed to go on a blind date with him? Anyway...

Paul: Did you know U2 have been on that new VH1 Top 100 show?
Me: Did you know I wrote which numbers were pertinent to U2 in my desktop calendar to make sure I got them on my Random Clips tape?

Paul: I heard New Year's Day the other day. That's a really good song! But...Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day sound the same.
Me: *thinking about the looong thread about that here* *groan*

I brought the Boston DVD to his house one night because I wanted to see the BonoCam easter eggs, and then he wanted to see some of the good highlights of the show.
Me: Until the End of the World is, like, the best live song EVER. And then they do this bullfight thing...
Paul: Cool. Let's watch that one. *Gets up to get a beer during "In my dreams..."*

Last edited:
I had a U2 releaseparty (with some friends) when ATYCLB came out. A friend of mine told me that he didn't like The Edge guitar-playing (my friend is a guitarplayer), so I set up a trap for him:

Me: Maybe we can watch a video before the food comes on the table?
All my Friends: OK! Let's do that!
Me: (putting ZOOTV-video in the player): This song is called Bullet the Blue Sky...
Pause!
Me: (to my guitarplaying friend) that wasn't to bad, was it?
Guitarplaying friend: (going green): Eh, no....

And I have to take this one also, with another non-u2-fan.
After a Elevation concert in Denmark:

Me: Are you coming back?
Adam Clayton: Sorry?
Me: Are you coming back?
Adam Clayton (signing my poster): Yes, thanks!

Last edited:
I have just remember this one. I was talking to a friend in class, and a classmate came and asked:

"Who do you love the most Bono or your mum?"
"Uh... :uhoh:"

I was told by someone that Bono was a Train spotter, a big hobby in England collecting the numbers of trains and that he had seen all of a certain class of locomotive - the class 31.

Believe it or believe it not?

PEACE :->

While watching the Slane concert on CBS:

Mom: "All of those people.....they didn't all come to see him (Bono) did they?"

Me: ??

One guy online... a loooooong time ago on the Rolling Stone website, replied to one of my U2 posts and argued that "The Joshua Tree" is a "terrible album, full of flaws"...and that U2 was "horrible at playing American music."

I was speechless.

My friend at school puts on some orange sunnies and says "Look at me! I'm Boner!!" and starts singing " WOOOOHOO!!WOOOHOO!! EJA-CU-LA-TION!!" Then I punch him!!

I have a couple more...

Roommate looking at the pics on my wall, pointing to Larry: Has that guy been in the band as long as everyone else? He looks a lot younger.

And last night during the Golden Globes, when Dick Clark was interviewing Bono and Edge, after he announced who they were...

Roommate (surprised): It's BON-oh?
Me: Yes, it's BON-oh! I think I'd have to throw something at the TV if Dick Clark said BONE-oh!!! :lol:

the evil U2

Me: ...I'm into U2
Friend: U2? You are? *In a serious, understanding voice*: Well they do make some good music, just so sad that they are so satanic..."...
Me: :confused: (I mean, of all words: Satanic?!)

Continuing in the "evil track":

Class mate: I don't think I want to listen to this U2 band. I saw a glimpse of one of their videoes and it said something about the devil.
(After a tiny survey I found out that he was refering to one of the sentences shown during the Fly, Zoo TV: "Mock the devil and he will flee from thee..." Well ;)

I tried to make my dad like U2, so I showed him older videos and newer ones from their entire carreer, and the smartest thing he could come up with was: Well, the good thing is that he's so much better looking now....(i know, with the mullets and all, but still :huh:)

Last edited:
My parents:

Mum "U2? aren't they gay? "
Me "No!"
Mum "Dad said they were gay"
Dad "I never said they were gay!"
Mum "Yes you did, you said they were gay"
Dad " I never!"
Me "THEY ARE NOT BLOODY GAY OK!"

:mad: :evil: :rant: :angry: :banghead: :combust:

i was chatting online with a friend of a girl down the hall from me...

him: u2? it's too bad bono is so anti government
me: you know...*explains about bush/paul o'niel/AIDS stuff*
him: oh...well, he just seems like a bleeding heart liberal to me..
me: :rolleyes:

wertsie said:
I have a couple more...

Roommate looking at the pics on my wall, pointing to Larry: Has that guy been in the band as long as everyone else? He looks a lot younger.

I've had several of my friends ask me the same question :lol:

Last night watching Bono and Edge talk to Dick Clark, their names came on the screen...
Dad (seriously): I thought The Edge was a band.
Then...
Mom (sarcastically): From now on, I want to be called "The Mom."

brdemi said:
Mom (sarcastically): From now on, I want to be called "The Mom."

:lol:

:hmm: But if you think about it, it might be kind of cool to have a name starting with "The."

:hmm: The Jen...:lol:...The ONLY Jen...:lmao:

:reject: Okay...I'm done acting like a complete idiot now. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom