the "why the hell does everyone put hmtmkmkm on their zooropa album??!!' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popmart86

Acrobat
i mean COME ON!!!!! it wasnt even released yet!!! it doesnt sound right mixed with the 10 other songs.:madspit: :mad: i would rather have it on just the best of vol 2.

Totally Aardvark.

It was recorded in the Zooropa sessions. As were another 7-8 tracks that were not used. What most of them are remain a mystery except.

If You Wear The Velvet Dress, Hold Me Kill Me Kiss Me Thrill Me & Wake Up Dead Man - however we know were in the pipeline for U2. This is because portions of there titles are the almost unreadable letters on the Zooropa cover (Along with the Wanderer).

As to why HMKMKMTM is always put on peoples copies of Zooropa or Pop I have not idea. It also baffles me how people keep regurgitating 80's b-sides and try and concieve some new long lost albums. I just try and steer clear of those threads...

If God Will Send His Angels was another song recorded during the Zooropa sessions.

this is all very interesting...however it makes you look at POP in a whole different way being as though it wasnt written FOR it.:huh:

popmart86 said:
this is all very interesting...however it makes you look at POP in a whole different way being as though it wasnt written FOR it.:huh:

Yeah it does I suppose. The bizzare thing is some people sight IGWSHA as an example of an unfinished song on Pop... yet they had the base material back in '93. How long did they want?

However rumours have it COBL was a product of the Pop sessions so you win some and lose some.

MrBrau1 said:
Cause the wording arcoss the front of the record cover includes a portion of the song title.

Okay, I gotta ask. I keep seeing people refer to this...where on earth does the Zooropa cover show song titles? I have stared at mine until I felt like I was going blind, and I have yet to see any words. :help:

zooropa.jpg

timothius said:
It also baffles me how people keep regurgitating 80's b-sides and try and concieve some new long lost albums. I just try and steer clear of those threads...
i like them, although maybe that's just because i've been doing similar things for years.

btw, here's a full version of the zooropa cover with the writing. i suck at the whole trying to write with my mouse thing. but you get the gist of it.
15408zooropa1-med.jpg

Both Slow Dancing and HMTMKMKM were intended for Zooropa and were pulled in order to make the album more experimental and less guitar orientated.

I’ve always put Slow Dancing after Stay which makes “Side One” end quietly and then totally wake the listener up with HMTMKMKM opening “Side Two”.

It just adds some interesting layers to an already interesting album.

Holy shit! :shocked: I had no idea about those subliminal messages on the Zooropa cover. I just thought it was some really freaky artwork. lol. So all those songs were already written back then. :hmm:

edit: By the way, I don't like putting Hold Me Thrill Me in a Zooropa playlist either cos it just DOES NOT fit. It fits better on Achtung.

Last edited:
I personally think it fits best on Pop, a perfect counterpart to Discotheque and Gone, thematically that is

Back
Top Bottom