The Who new album - meaning of title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halup

Refugee
I was going to post on the other thread but saw it is it closed. I guess I may be one of the few, if not only, fans of The Who on here, as I have seen them 13 times since 1982.

The album title Who2 has nothing to do with U2, even though Pete Townshend is a friend of the members of U2. Who2 is only a provisional working title for the album and when it appears in october, it may very well have an entirely different title. This title, Who2, as per Pete Townshend on his web site, refers to the fact that this version of The Who is down to just 2 original members, Pete and Roger Daltrey.

The other 4 members aren't exactly new to the band though. John "Rabbit" Bundrick has played keyboards off and on with The Who since 1979. Zak Starkey has played drums with them since 1996 and played with Roger and John Entwistle on their joint tour in 1994. Simon Townshend, Pete's younger brother, toured with them in 1996-1997 and returned in 2002. Pino Palladino took over on bass just ays after John Entwistles death in 2002 and has been with them since. He toured with Pete on his solo tour in 1993.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom