"The Wanderer" appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Wanderer is my second favourite track on Zooropa, I love it and always have, the lyrics are brilliant and Johnny Cash's voice suits the song perfectly :drool:.

And as for the live version, what ruined it for me wasn't Edge's "Wa Wa Wa Wandering" it was Bono singing it...

Zooropa is maybe my second less favourite album after ATYCLB, but I adore this song, It was love at first hearing, that bass combined with Cash's voice is unbelievably beautiful.:love:

Last edited:
I love the faux-cheese factor on the song. A lot of brave choices, production-wise, especially that Eno-inspired rubber bass line.

You know, Cash was still a year away from his revitalization with Rick Rubin. They tapped him for Zooropa in just about the biggest slump of his entire career. That made it an even weirder choice. He was not hipster-approved in '93. Makes it even more cool in my book.

What would be an equivalent in '07? A total left field choice that somehow ended up being awesome.

"The Wanderer" is one of the coolest things any band has ever done.

The one and only live performance is perfection.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
"The Wanderer" is one of the coolest things any band has ever done.

The one and only live performance is perfection.

Not sure about perfection but its pretty good. Does it really count as live though? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom