The unreleased U2 album - 1998-2004!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mix cd track order for some of these songs - for me, they just seem to fit together this way.

1 Electrical Storm
2 Love You Like Mad
3 Smile
4 Levitate
5 Hands That Built America
6 Xanax and Wine
7 Native Son
8 Joy - yeah the Mick Jagger song w/Bono. I'm going mix cd here, not new album. Obviously it couldn't be a U2 song. But... its Bono and Mick Jagger - how could I not include it?
(begin insults now!)
9 Flower Child
10 Summer Rain
11 Always
12 Neon Lights
13 Mercy
14 Are You Gonna Wait Forever

If anyone has a better track listing, fill me in, cause it took me a while to come up with this, and I think it works... but maybe someone has something better i haven't thought of.

Oh c'mon now, you can't call the "7" EP an "album," for god's sakes - it was a little cobbled-together thing that was only sold at Target department stores in the USA. You couldn't even find it at regular record shops.

I know Ground Beneath Her Feet was on both the Million $ Hotel sdtk. and the UK ATYCLB release, but the fact is most U2 fans in America still don't even know about the song.

Here's my latest tracklisting:
THE GROUND BENEATH HER FEET
BIG GIRLS ARE BEST
ARE YOU GONNA WAIT FOREVER?
LEVITATE
LOVE YOU LIKE MAD
FLOWER CHILD
ELECTRICAL STORM
STATELESS
SMILE
THE HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA
MERCY
I’M NOT YOUR BABY
NORTH AND SOUTH OF THE RIVER

I think these ideas work better with a sense of "era". Big Girls, N&S and I'm Not Your... all come from the POP era and seem to fit better with the earlier outtakes (Achtung Baby and Zooropa) I think MDH stuff can swing both ways, but it also seems to fit better with the POP era stuff.
Just my opinion

dmesq said:
Oh c'mon now, you can't call the "7" EP an "album," for god's sakes - it was a little cobbled-together thing that was only sold at Target department stores in the USA. You couldn't even find it at regular record shops.

I know Ground Beneath Her Feet was on both the Million $ Hotel sdtk. and the UK ATYCLB release, but the fact is most U2 fans in America still don't even know about the song.
Yeah but come on, you can't call it an UNRELEASED album if you put those tracks on it. 'Cause they have been released.

Back
Top Bottom