The Unforgettable Fire vs. Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the better album?

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Simple enough, this poll is basically to see where The Unforgettable Fire ranks amongst the other albums. So, which will it be, the precursor to the band's biggest album? Or the followup record to the band's second most popular album?

Ranking so far:

1. Achtung Baby

2. The Joshua Tree

3. All That You Can't Leave Behind

Pop (beat Zooropa in a previous poll)

Zooropa (beat War in a previous poll)

War

Unranked albums:

The Unforgettable Fire (beat War in a previous poll)

Rattle and Hum (beat The B-Sides 1980-1990 in a previous poll)

Boy

October

Under A Blood Red Sky

The B-Sides 1980-1990

that's impossibly hard
UF does have Sort of homecoming which is in my top 5 songs

but I had to go with zooropa. Its just so fun to listen to

This was a close one for me as well (these albums are my #4 and #5 favorites), but I had to go with Zooropa. It's just got so many styles and it's rather inventive in many places. The Unforgettable Fire is a GREAT record, but it just isn't as exciting after a while.

I chose UF. These are my 2 least favorite albums *pauses for the gasps* Uf has wire, a sort of homecoming, bad, and PRIDE! It doesn't have much strength as an album but it is about the strongest with the songs. Zooropa as an album meshes well..but it doesn't have the PRIDE and wire songs on it.

UF. I only really like Stay from Zooropa but I love all of UF! It's a beautiful record!

Brutally hard. These albums are actually quite similar in my mind.. or at least in my way at looking at them, and the amount i listen to them and stuff.

This is impossible! The albums are so different. But as for my personal taste ... nope, still impossible. ;)

wow, this is awesome. last time i checked, UF was seriously losing to zooropa. now it's in the lead! :D

this is the hardest poll i've ever voted on, because both of the albums are so awesome and it's really hard to pick one over the other. but UF used to be my favourite album until one day when i discovered AB...

Uh, Mission Impossible! OK, let me give it a shot........damn. I love both of these albums. Both are inventive, gutsy, ad infinitum...... I'll say Zooropa. That was the closest that U2 has come to an avante gard sound, just totally spontaneously creative with that good old fashioned rock 'n roll rawness. UF has shades of avant gard on it also........I'm from an avant gard-oriented arty family. So naturally I'm attracted to it. Tough call though, UF is cool.

Zooropa wins easily, it's so much more diverse and interesting; there are some beautiful songs on UF, but if you want beautiful, Zooropa has that -- and a lot more...

The Wanderer said:
Zooropa wins easily, it's so much more diverse and interesting; there are some beautiful songs on UF, but if you want beautiful, Zooropa has that -- and a lot more...

ditto!

Back
Top Bottom