The Unforgettable Fire vs Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For The Fire. Just Do It.

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 101 62.3%
  • Bomb

Votes: 61 37.7%

• Total voters
TUF by miles, because it was creative and innovative then. the so called bomb lacks all of this.

Wait, doesn't UF have A Sort Of Homecoming on it?

It does, you say?

It's better then.

Bomb. To make it a little less of a landslide. Plus I think Promenade sucks!

Oh that's right, I went there! -runs-

If UF kept up the pace of the first four tracks the rest of the album, it would win. But it doesn't. There are 10 tracks on UF, and three of them function sort of as filler, although the tunes are not bad. MLK, 4th of July and Promenade are closer to being fragments of songs than actual songs. The BOMB has 11 solid tracks and while it does not have 4 way combo as powerful as UF's first four tracks, its close behind and remains solid after UF starts to tail off a bit. UF is an amazing album, but BOMB beats it by a few inches.

I don't care what album it's up against, The Unforgettable Fire wins. In this case, it wins by about 10,000 miles.

Yeah, you heard right. The distance I flew to see U2 is just how superior UF is.

I've always disliked Wire, 4th of July & Indian Summer Sky, for me these three songs ruin the album. Has to be Bomb :up:

The Unforgettable Fire, no contest at all. JT, AB and UF are the untochable U2 albums.

A Sort of Homecoming, Pride, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire, Promenade, Bad, Indian Summer Sky :drool: And the album flows incredible well.

The Unforgettable Fire and Bad are among my top 5

I love Bomb too, I think it has many great songs but it doesn't flow AT ALL and it doesn't work as a whole.

jacobus said:
TUF by miles, because it was creative and innovative then. the so called bomb lacks all of this.

Hola amigo !!!:wave:

I agree with you mate :yes: :up: Just with A Sort Of Homecoming, Pride (in the name of love) or Bad alone blow HTDAAB away :laugh:

For me this is not a contest :lol:

FELICES FIESTAS AMIGO :camera:

jacobus said:

In that time U2 had still to show what they were able to, they were kids. That's why we can call UF creative and innovative. An album like Atomic Bomb, written by men who are almost 50, written with minds and eyes of adults, fathers, has the clear reflection of what U2 are now, not only as musicians, but mainly as human beings. Human beings who have 20 more years of lived life over their shoulder after that period. U2 are like storytellers now, they were neophites kids at that time, they are wise men now, and they are able to let you know through their songs what they have received through life experiences, that's why I think that How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is u2's best album, because there's their whole life in, there's the soul of the guys, it's their most intimate album, and we as fans, should catch it normally.

catlhere said:
Bomb. To make it a little less of a landslide. Plus I think Promenade sucks!

Oh that's right, I went there! -runs-

Not even close - TUF by even more miles than Axver thought he had to travel to see U2 Vertigo

:wink:

catlhere - you didn't go there - say you just made a bit of mis-judgement or maybe you weren't feeling well when you posted that. Maybe you just were having a REALLY bad day.

Okay - I forgive you. :wink:
LOL

Do you want to know what we need more of? Polls. :happy:

Anyway. The Unforgettable Fire. Every song on that album - yes, even Elvis Presley And America - walks over every song on HTDAAB. In my opinion. To even entertain the thought of voting for HTDAAB over UF makes my head spin. There is a reason why UF is in my top five and HTDAAB is not.

TUF may end up being U2's most influential album when all is said and done. It is aging wonderfully, like a fine Bordeaux. It has mystery, depth of feeling, good poetry, it is experimental, and Bono's voice at 24 years was a miracle of nature. Promenade is one of the most amazing songs every written by the band.

My vote is The Unforgettable Fire.

The Bomb, but only just... very, very tough to choose between the two.

I think HTDAAB is a better album overall, but theres no doubt that TUF's stand out tracks are far stronger than HTDAAB's (and any other U2 album other than TJT, AB and Zooropa for that matter)... but the second half of TUF lets it down a bit, as U2girl said, the second half of TUF is held together by Bad (although Indian Summer Sky and MLK are pretty good, but nothing breathtaking).
So, like War, the second half, again, hands this mans vote to HTDAAB

If 4th Of July and Elvis Presley And America we replaced by better songs, this would have been The Unforgettable Fires vote...

Last edited:
29 - 17 at the time of writing.
anyone who voted for bomb seriously worries me.

Are we gonna compare every single album with Da Bomb now? :lol:

Easily The Unforgettable Fire, for me! Back when U2 still had the passion to explore and experiment! :up:

The Unforgettable Fire vs HTDAAB :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're all joking, this isn't a competition but a massacre, 10 seconds of TUF is a millions times better than all of the Bomb

hahaha! I can't believe someone came and followed up Irishteen's post with something as mindless as this! :lol:

I made myself hoarse singing along to UF in the car on the way home from Atlanta the other night. It was so cathartic, I felt the most relaxed I've been in a while by the time I got home -- like I had a mental massage. I can't say I get that same feeling after listening to the Bomb...of course, I'm biased as UF has always been my favorite U2 album.

Bomb easily.

TUF has it's moments, but imo it has aged horribly and is mainly filler. Pride, Bad and Promenade are fantastic, but the rest is utter crap. For me, TUF is always in competition with October for U2's worst album.

Back
Top Bottom