The Unforgettable Fire vs Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For The Fire. Just Do It.

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 101 62.3%
  • Bomb

Votes: 61 37.7%

• Total voters
namkcuR said:

So, let me see if I have this straight - according to you, All Because Of You is a great song, but The Unforgettable Fire(the title track) and Bad are not? Is that right?

What's that noise I hear?

Oh, it's the sound of your credibility being shattered into a million tiny little pieces.

:banghead: :rant:

:lol: so true

What I would like to see is UF vs. The Joshua Tree or vs. Achtung Baby

Personally I think UF is an absolutely astounding masterpiece, but a lot of people rank JT as tops and then -EITHER- AB or UF.

namkcuR make that a poll! :)

Have to finish the Bomb polls first...in six or seven hours, I'll create JT vs Bomb, tomorrow night, R&H vs Bomb, the next night, October vs Bomb(since it was skipped).

Has AB vs Bomb been done?

namkcuR said:
Have to finish the Bomb polls first...in six or seven hours, I'll create JT vs Bomb, tomorrow night, R&H vs Bomb, the next night, October vs Bomb(since it was skipped).

Has AB vs Bomb been done?

Don't think so

But is it necessary?

:p

this poll is a joke, right? :(

UF wins by miles. and miles. and miles.

bomb is a solid collection of songs. UF is an album.

gherman said:

anyway, how many people here have voted for '...Bomb' without actually hearing The Unforgettable Fire? just out of curiosity...?

theu2fly said:
Bomb is a sequel to TUF...

Crumbs = Pride
One Step Closer = MLK
All Because Of You = Wire
City Of Blinding Lights = The Unforgettable Fire

City Of Blinding Lights is a sequel to The Unforgettable Fire, imo.

:lmao: Are you on crack?

What next, Please is the sequel of Twilight? :|

theu2fly said:
Bomb is a sequel to TUF...

Crumbs = Pride
One Step Closer = MLK
All Because Of You = Wire
City Of Blinding Lights = The Unforgettable Fire

City Of Blinding Lights is a sequel to The Unforgettable Fire, imo.

I can't begin to follow your logic. :confused: What on earth are you talking about?????

Axver said:

I might not go QUITE that far, but I agree that the song TUF > COBL.

I'm surprised...I thought you had a top 7 or top 9 set in stone or something, with COBL above TUF.

gareth brown said:
29 - 17 at the time of writing.
anyone who voted for bomb seriously worries me.

BONO voted for BOMB over UF in Rolling Stone:wink:

ponkine said:

How old are you?

I bet you within 10 years nobody will be listening to Vertigo and all that foolish stuff, but fans still will be listening to Pride (in the name of love) or Bad.

Any fan that think that Bomb is better don´t have any sense of trascendence :ohmy: or just follow olbigatory the childish band´s hype that praise the newest stuff and knock of the old one :(

Or some might say people who don't like the BOMB and prefer old U2 are crusty old puffs, that can only listen to 80s U2 and are obsessed and won't give anything new a listen. A generalization indeed. Lets avoid these generalizations.

namkcuR said:

I'm surprised...I thought you had a top 7 or top 9 set in stone or something, with COBL above TUF.

Nope. I actually rank studio TUF ahead of studio OTH. Here's the list:

1. Streets
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. One Tree Hill
5. City Of Blinding Lights

I have also been thinking about moving #6-7, Heartland and New Year's Day, ahead of COBL. The list is set in stone only up to a point. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

If Bono really did that, he is a fool!

Bono considers BOMB to be U2's third best album, just after the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. Adam Clayton has said he considers everything prior to the Joshua Tree to just be "demo's".

STING2 said:

BONO voted for BOMB over UF in Rolling Stone:wink:

Sometimes the person who had a hand in creating something isn't the most objective, reliable judge of its quality.

Doesn't Bono always say the lastest album U2 has done is their best ever?

Axver said:

Not that I really take Bono's opinion too seriously.

His idea's and opinions have helped to make the albums you listen to.

Bono's shades said:

Sometimes the person who had a hand in creating something isn't the most objective, reliable judge of its quality.

Doesn't Bono always say the lastest album U2 has done is their best ever?

Well, thats not what he stated here, he said it was their 3rd best.

I remember Bono responding in an interview to answer where exactly Bomb goes in U2's catalogue in terms of greatness. He said that The Joshua Tree was their greatest album, followed by Achtung Baby, and then he said that the 3rd is a toss up to ATYCLB and Bomb.

:shrug:

STING2 said:

His idea's and opinions have helped to make the albums you listen to.

So? He may make great music, but that doesn't mean I have to even remotely agree with his opinions or tastes.

STING2 said:

Well, thats not what he stated here, he said it was their 3rd best.

I posted before someone else pointed that out. That's a relief. I'd be seriously worried about Bono if he truly thought the Bomb was better than The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. :huh:

Anyway, the general point I was trying to make is Bono might be super-enthusiastic about the Bomb right now partly because it is the most recent thing he and the band did musically. He may not be that enthusiastic about it five or 10 years from now.

Back
Top Bottom