The ultimate closer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
So, if U2 were always to end their shows with the same song, what do you think it should be? I'm going with "All I Want is You," but that's purely for sentimental reasons.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

No, Love Is Blindness!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by DrTeeth (edited 04-09-2002).]

40! There's nothing like the feeling of being one of 15,000+ people leaving the venue and singing "How long to sing this song" into the streets!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
40! There's nothing like the feeling of being one of 15,000+ people leaving the venue and singing "How long to sing this song" into the streets!

I never got to experience this, and I sure want to. So I am going with not just 40, but Bad into 40!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

"One" because it always makes me bawl like a baby when they play it live, and I want to leave the concert with that feeling!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Definatley 40!!! I've never heard it live, but it must be amazing, like BostonAnne said!

Walk On! Beats them all.

PLUS: Did they use Love Is Blindness as a closer? I though They used Fools Rush In (The Elvis song whatever the name is)

Originally posted by gherman:
PLUS: Did they use Love Is Blindness as a closer? I though They used Fools Rush In (The Elvis song whatever the name is)

Actually that was called "Can't Help Falling In Love", used during ZooTV as the closer. Great closer, though I prefer either Walk On or 40. Both work equally well.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
How bout "Walk On" / "40" ?

That would make us ALL happy, right?

Great idea okobergirl!!
cool.gif

I like the Walk On / 40 idea, though I would hope that it is a full version of 40, and not just a snippet.

Nobody else thinks that the soaring guitar solo at the end of "All I Want Is You" makes for an awesome closer...?

frown.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

I love the tradition of 40, but Walk On works marvellously, so I say Walk On.. then the band start up 40 as they leave the stage. that would be cool.

The ultimate closer has gotta be Mariano Rivera.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom