The U2 "Twenty Fifth Song Played At A Concert" Survivor - Round C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEAST FAVOURITE SONG. VOTE. DON'T LOOK AT THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU'S ANSWER FOR ONCE

• Can't Help Falling In Love

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 8 42.1%

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Moment of Surrender

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • With Or Without You

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • All I Want Is You

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

• Out Of Control

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

liamcool

Blue Crack Addict
deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trau
Round I.

Round Duk Koo Kim Has Thirteen Rounds Left

ALRIGHT THEN, LET'S PUT THIS UP A LITTLE EARLY BECAUSE THERE WASN'T A TIE LAST ROUND. Y'ALL ARE SUCH LOVELY BASTARDS.

OKAY, SO "AGORAPHOBIA" LOST LAST ROUND, AND THERE WAS A PRETTY STRONG CONSENSUS THAT THIS WAS THE CASE. NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF ANXIETY AT ALL. IT'S ALMOST LIKE THE U2 FAN COLLECTIVE IS DESTROYING THE DEFINITION OF WORDS. ARE WE GOING TO REDEFINE LITERALLY TO MEAN METAPHORICALLY OR SOME SHIT!?!?

...WE ALREADY DID THAT? FUCK

OKAY, SO THIS IS ROUND C, WHICH MEANS THAT WE'RE VOTING ON CITRUS FRUITS. AND OUR FAVOURITES. I LIKE LEMON. HEY A REFERENCE, LAUGH PLEASE!

ALRIGHT, SO I THINK YOU'RE ALL GETTING THE IDEA, SO FOR THE LAST TIME, I'LL RESTATE THE AIMS AND WHAT WE'RE DOING HERE. WE'RE VOTING FOR THE BEST 25TH SONG THAT U2 PLAYED IN A CONCERT, YOU KNOW, WHEN THE UNDERPAID GUITAR TECHS HAVE PRICKED THEIR FINGERS ON ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY STRINGS ALREADY. GONE IS PLAYED ON A TWELVE STRING. GOTTA GET THOSE FANS TO FORK OUT THEIR MEAT. I MEAN MONEY.

OKAY, SO VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE OF SONGS PLAYED IN THE 25TH POSITION AT A U TO CONCERT.

REMEMBER, AS IN THE PAST TWO ROUNDS, IF YOU VOTE FOR A SONG THAT IS NOT ENTITLED "TAKE TODAY" THEN YOU WILL BE FORCED TO REVIEW THE ENTIRE SALOME OUTTAKES. I HOPE YOU LIKE DRUM TRACKS

GANG OF FOUR IS NOT BETTER THAN YOU, SO GET ON IT

Wake Up Dead Man full band would have been sensational, but what was played instead was neither full band nor sensational.

Can't help falling in love with voting shitty songs off this Survivor.

How's this for an "unpopular opinion": 40. Yeah, 40. Although I like the whole "band members leaving one by one" thing, especially since the most annoying one disappears first, the song has always been the epitome of dullness for me. And it's cheesy in that it's more Christian Rock than anything off October, which is a great album.

I give it a pass too, but it's so Jesusy it's painful.

GEEE-ROOO-SSAAAAHHH-LUUUUM!!!!

Still, it's a fist-thumping Geeroosahlum. Unlike the sissy "I waited patiently for the Lord".

Still, it's a fist-thumping Geeroosahlum. Unlike the sissy "I waited patiently for the Lord".

Repeatedly intoning "How long to sing this song?" doesn't seem very patient. STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF BONO.

Thank God he goes away in the middle of it.

But the hippies take over so I guess that makes it even worse.

Weirdest thing to happen during 40: Bono snippeting Do They Know It's Christmas DURING JANUARY TO JULY 1985 AND AGAIN IN JUNE 1987.

NO BONO NO THEY DO NOT KNOW IT IS CHRISTMAS BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN FACT CHRISTMAS

/liamcaps

Isn't there a 17-minute version of this slog somewhere out there?

Yes. It was probably one of those Do They Know It's Christmas EXCEPT IT'S NOT performances too. I forget the date but it's from one of the 1985 UF Tour shows, I think an April US show.

10+ minute versions of Bad > 10+ minute versions of 40.

If Bad does not win, Interference will be banned from Interference.

Can't Help Falling in Love was p boring after an epic Love is Blindness so I'm going that, just ahead of With or Without You (just not a closing song) and Moment of Ohfuckarethebandgonnacomebackonstageandplayonemoresongcostheyverealisedendingagigwithmomentofsurrenderisamassiveanticlimaxnotheyrestilljustasstupidasforever.

Back
Top Bottom