The U2 Song Which Means The Most To You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
Which song is the most important to you, the most significant, the one you go back to time and time again to give strength when you need it most? What is it about it that song which makes it so special to you?

I'll go first, for me it has to be Bad, this one speaks to me like no other, the emotional connection I feel for it I don't think I can fully articulate, needless the say the heroic defiance of those 'Wide Awakes' and Bono's impassioned, desperate and ultimately triumphant performance never fails to move me and picks me up whenever I'm feeling down.

Your turn :)

Ditto. Mine is Bad as well.

Watching the performance on the Boston 2001 DVD is amazing. I think that performance of Bad is my absolute favorite song ever. I was fortunate enough to have them play Bad when I saw them May 2005. At the beginning of the song, Bono says something like:

"I hope whatever it is thats got you by the throat, by the tail, got you by the balls, whatever it is, I hope you're free of it soon"

:drool:

Kite. It always gets me through the tough times, from 9-11, to my grandfather's death, to the Virginia Tech shootings. The raw emotion in Bono's voice brings so much comfort.

Beautiful Day for me as well. The idea that economic or social stagnation need not obstruct intellectual growth, character development, or whatever else might be important to an individual has always resonated with me.

Kite, strength through anything. And Acrobat, makes you believe in yourself even when you're feeling like shit.

For me it's Running to Stand Still live with the Hallelujas at the end, it's really helped get through a lot of things like the death of a good friend, and even just bad days...it gives me chills!

2861U2 said:
Ditto. Mine is Bad as well.

Watching the performance on the Boston 2001 DVD is amazing. I think that performance of Bad is my absolute favorite song ever. I was fortunate enough to have them play Bad when I saw them May 2005. At the beginning of the song, Bono says something like:

"I hope whatever it is thats got you by the throat, by the tail, got you by the balls, whatever it is, I hope you're free of it soon"

:drool:

ah, you must have been at the May 7th Chicago performance. blew me away :heart:

for me it's hard to pick just one song... though it may be Acrobat...so full of emotion! Bad and Running to Stand Still, Walk On, Beautiful Day even, and for me the entire Pop album..all up there...and Streets...hard to not smile when you hear it.

For me it's Running to Stand Still, especially the ZooTV Sydney version, with the cold and broken hallelujahs. While I've never been a drug addict, I've been in some very dark places, and have, in the past, relied on some unhealthy vices as a means of escape.

Stuck in a Moment, so relaxing, so reassuring at any given time. I could say the same for In a Little While too, but Stuck gets the job done better.

love_u2_adam said:

borat_nice.jpg

a few weeks ago, i would've given a different response. but now after experiencing these shootings, i'm surprised to discover that i find solace in Peace on Earth. i think it is that i identify with it now. I used to hate this song, and I haven't listened to it in YEARS. Now I listen to it every day.

Last edited:
for me its beautiful day.

its not my favorite song, and i didnt even appreciate it when it 1st came out. But its amazing now that you dont hear it on EVERY radio station like ya did in 00-01'...im in love with it now....

it just brings a smile to my face like no other, such a positive song, :wink:

mysterious ways really picks me up and gets me going
but on a more soulfull level Bad or Running to stand still i really like,
Untill the end of the world also works for me big time.

too many to choose from and alot depends on what is happening in life as to what i need from the boys to keep me ticking over.

Back
Top Bottom