The U2 Single Mix/Alternate Mix/Soundtrack Mix/blahblah album...I hate the word "mix"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
The U2 Single Mix/Alternate Mix/Soundtrack Mix/blahblah album...I hate the word "mix"

1. Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
2. Until The End Of The World (Soundtrack Version)
3. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
4. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Soundtrack Version)
5. Discothèque (New Mix)
6. Sweetest Thing (The Single Mix)
7. Gone (New Mix)
8. A Man And A Woman (Acoustic Mix)
9. Please (Single Mix)
10.Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
11.Walk On (Single Version)
12.Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Acoustic)
13.All Because of You (Single Mix)
14.Lemon (Lemonade Mix)
15.Original of the Species-(Single Mix)
16.Yahweh (Alternate Mix)

Burn this.

There's some good shit on there.

Then listen to it for 1 month, and come back on 12/18/05 and tell me it sucks.

U2 should release this. People would buy it.

Lemon (Lemonade Mix) is definitely the BEST remix of any snog ever done...EVER! too bad I lost my recording of it a while ago. :(

Some strange choices there. The "acoustic" version of "A Man and a Woman" is the most redundant item in their discography. And I've heard the Skysplitter Dub of "I'm Not Your Baby" and that "instrumental" version of "October" that's simply the studio version with an earlier fade-out. This trumps all of that.

I'd swap in one of the Pop rethinks or something in its place.

(Edit: Or the single version of "Where the Streets Have No Name," which I've never heard, but really, how bad could it be?)

(Edit 2: Would probably also switch the Tomb Raider Mix of "Elevation" with the Influx Mix (which I don't think would break the theme since it isn't a dance mix or anything).

Last edited:
typhoon said:
(Edit: Or the single version of "Where the Streets Have No Name," which I've never heard, but really, how bad could it be?)

It has Edge on backing vocals, which the album version lacks. Do ya want it?

If you post a YSI or e-mail it to I will owe you unspecified favors of a sordid sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty slick. Edge makes everything better. You get a coupon redeemable for one (1) perversion of God's creation.

Oh, and I know what I'd replace "A Man and a Woman" with: the soundtrack version of "The Hands That Built America." Still not a great tune, but it's better than the Best Of version.

Thanks for that, Brau! I had always heard of this single version of Streets with extra Edge vocals, but I could never find it. It had gained mythical status in my mind, because I had never been able to actually find it anywhere. Even the version on the Complete U2 Itunes set labled 'Single Version'(or something like that) isn't the actual single version with extra Edge vocals(weird). I am not disappointed with it - Edge's vocals make the whole thing better.

No problem.

I've had these singles since 1990 or so.

There are some minor guitar differences as well. Not different bits, just mix emphasis. Listen to the album/single versions back to back. They're pretty obvious.

Oh and how about the Mothers of the Disappeard Crayon Mix? That's awesome. Different instrumentals, different vocals, different awesomeness.

Hi guys...I tried to open that link for the songs but it didn't work...any chance for a new link or email to me at

drfoot01@yahoo.com

I would really appreciate it!

Also can anyone email me a cdrip or mp3 of the hands that built america version from the greatest hits dvd, OOTS from the conan show, and wild horses b-side (the longer of the two b-sides of it)??

Also looking for a version of October in mp3

Thank you all very much for any help or files...feel free to email me

Long live U2!!

Rob

shart1780 said:
Oh and how about the Mothers of the Disappeard Crayon Mix? That's awesome. Different instrumentals, different vocals, different awesomeness.
that's an amateur mix..

1. Pride (Single Version)
2. Elevation (Influx Mix)
3. All Because Of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix)
4. Two Hearts Beat As One (Long Mix)
5. Desire (Hollywood Mix)
6. Mysterious Ways (Ultimate Mix)
7. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (Perfecto Mix) (If it's authentic)
8. Pop Muzik (Pop Mart Edit)
9. Mofo (Explicit Remix)
10. Wire (Dub Mix)
11. Staring At The Sun (Sad Bastards Mix)
12. Lemon (Lemonade Mix Edit)
13. New Year's Day (US Remix)
14. Please (US Single Edit)
15. Walk On (Hallelujah Mix)

typhoon said:
The "acoustic" version of "A Man and a Woman" is the most redundant item in their discography.

what he said.

I don't think the number of U2 remixes I like even reaches double figures, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom