The true story behind the album delay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
OK, I was asked not to say anything but I am totally empathetic to fellow U2 fans for some new material, so I?ve got to break my vow of silence. A friend of Larry?s neighbor who knows The Edge?s cousin?s car mechanic got me a copy of the rough 10 track demo the boys were working on.

Now, I can honestly say that this whole Punk Rock from Venus, or Rock from Saturn, or Klingon Two Step, or wherever the hell they were orbiting at the time, is utter nonsense.

The songs are more of what I?d call?Punk Rock Polka. Yeah, Edge is coming up with some new sounds out of his guitar?new sounds that sound like an accordion. Seriously, an accordion? I know they like to move in different directions and all but this simply did not work. And the songwriting was lazy. It basically was rehashing old ideas and off in weird idea arenas.

The first track, ?The Streets Have Been Named? was the WTSHNN riff (played on accoridan) while Bono sings about Main Street and the new Walmart up te block from the Wendy?s. Just, bizarre.

Another track, simply titled ?Jammies? finds Bono singing about ?living life like a pair of pajamas with a flap in the back where the butt is? while The Edge harmonizes, ?Where the butt is? All this over a hip-hop drum beat, slick bass work?and an accordion. What is that about?

The one track that really stood out was called ?Pea In A Pod??only it actually should have been called ?Pee In A Pod? because Bono?s off about zero-gravity, outer space, and bladder control problems?while Edge plays his accordion guitar.

The last track, ?Bulldozer? is not what it?s been rumored to be. It?s a slow jam (kind of like Walk To The Water) with a kick ass accordion solo (Edge?s best yet!) and Bono going on and on, trying to rhyme words with dozer ?slozer, glozer, schlozer?. The track ends with Larry literally ceasing his playing and you hear him go, ?This is bullshit!? And he walks out.

Eventually they all stop playing and the track runs on for another three minutes with Bono calling out, ?Hey guys? Guys? What?s?what?s going on? Do you...do you want start over? We could start over...guys??

I can only guess that they needed time to regroup, rethink and to put out a much better product. I for one, am not regretful about breaking my silence. The truth is now out and we can all stop arguing and complaining. We will get the new album when we get it and it will be great and rocking and simply the best U2 can have to offer.

It will, however, not have accordion?and for that, I am sad?cos I was just getting used to it.

I find it very interesting that the boys are off taking shots in an empty pool. Why? Because one of the tracks I didn't mention in the above confessions, was a humdinger called 'Pool Boy'. It was Bono trying to appeal to the skate-rat crowd talking about 'skating the emotional pipeline' and 'walking like a king in baggy pants'.

SO maybe they've retooled 'Pool Boy' for the new album.

well those lyrics would just be one step down from New York's from ATYCLB...you know I wouldn't actually be surprised if we got that song. Disgusted yes, but not surprised...:slant:

Nah, I think Bono's got more class than that. Just about ;)

Back
Top Bottom