The transition of Pride (In The Name Of Love)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
So I had been listening to bootlegs for quite a while and I've been listening to all the spots Pride has fallen into...

During the Unforgettable Fire tour, it was October -> New Year's Day -> Pride

This continued until the Joshua Tree, and then Lovetown was New Year's Day -> Pride

Then with ZOO TV, it became Streets -> Pride this lasted until 1993

POPMart continued the Joshua Tree/UF combo of New Year's Day -> Pride

Elevation brought back ZOO TV's combo of Streets -> Pride

But now Vertigo presents it in a different spot -- a song that segues into Streets, thus Pride -> Streets ... quite an awkward transition considering what's been through. My guess is the band can't find a solid spot for it -- it may have been better as New Year's Day -> Pride, that's what worked for about 5-7 years.

So does this mean by the next tour, they'll have found a spot for Pride, it's true spot?

When did Bono say that?

I was going to be the jerk and say that the perfect place for Pride is on my The Unforgettable Fire CD :reject:

pattip2000 said:
When did Bono say that?

Well, on the Vertigo DVD, at the beginning of Miracle Drug, he says something about "the best bits of the past, we'll take with us. Songs like SBS, Pride, and Streets." To me, that implied that those 3 songs they will ALWAYS play.

2861U2 said:

Well, on the Vertigo DVD, at the beginning of Miracle Drug, he says something about "the best bits of the past, we'll take with us. Songs like SBS, Pride, and Streets." To me, that implied that those 3 songs they will ALWAYS play.

Bono says a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom