The top 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, corianderstem, looks like we'll be firing a missile at 2861U2's house as well as Brau's. :wink:

I got the R&H DVD for Christmas, and I watched it today. I had hoped that somehow my appreciation for Heartland would grow (or start) and it didnt. I just dont get it. The verses are well-written, but Bono's voice when he sings "Heartland" is annoying.

2861U2 said:
I got the R&H DVD for Christmas, and I watched it today. I had hoped that somehow my appreciation for Heartland would grow (or start) and it didnt. I just dont get it. The verses are well-written, but Bono's voice when he sings "Heartland" is annoying.

I think that's definitely in his top five vocal performances. He's just belting it out so powerfully, it's magnificient. Each to their own, I guess.

1. Red Light
2. Love Rescue Me
3. I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For (Rattle and Hum Version)
4. Miami
5. Is That All?

*cracks knuckles* I'm making a top 10.

1. Indian Summer Sky - This song must be a joke. It has no melody or purpose for its existence; it's just album filler, and terrible album filler at that.

2. Is That All? - It makes my stomach turn. Album filler to the highest degree.

3. OOTS - Why this song is so often praised I will never know. Terrible lyrics, embarrassing waste of a great Edge solo with Bono's overeagerness, and of course, the simple fact that its not a very exciting song at all.

4. Stuck In A Moment - Greeting card-esque crap.

5. Grace - A poem set to music. Unfortunately, the poem doesn't rhyme, and the music isn't that interesting.

6. Elevation (studio) - WTF is this crap? It's Britney Spears trying to rock is what it is. Listen to the live version or don't listen to it at all.

7. The Wanderer - Johnny Cash + Synthesizers = No. No. No. No. No.

8. Elvis Presley And America - There's no point to this song. It's ASOH backwards. And really, this album is a supposed U2 classic? :huh:

9. With A Shout - Annoying. It goes nowhere.

10. Miami - Yes, it sucks. We all know that.

Are there more U2 songs I hate/dislike? Probably, but this list is pretty solid. And yes, I do love this band, but come on, even the Beatles made their share of tripe in their time. :der:

Last edited:
Miami.

For the sole line "some places are like your auntie, but there's no place like Miami, my mammy..." and then my stereo starts yelling MIAMI!!!! at me!

I'm sorry, I just dislike that song. The rest of Pop is great.

phillyfan26 said:

Well, IMO, falsetto is best used sparingly and for effect, like in Dirty Day.

Lemon, used normally, would have been great, I think. The falsetto being used like that ruined it for me.

Yeah but it is technically not 'Bono' it's MacPhisto singing, hence the falsetto. I disliked the song when I first heard it, thoguht it was very overrated, but then I saw the video and everything including the falsetto, clicked.

why would be Oots even be considered for top 10 what is going on have you lost your MIND?????!!!!!!!

"beautiful day - pure boring pap??"

Who said that are you on drugs????!??

1. Miami
2. Numb
3. Some days are better than others
4. Red light
5. Is that all?

Last edited:
This is probably gonna change, but for now:

1. All Because Of You
2. Miami
3. Red Light
4. Party Girl
5. Indian Summer Sky

1. The alternate and single versions are better. That guitar riff isn't too good either, it could've been played once and then looped over and over, that's how it sounds to me.
2. As someone said earlier, I don't like to be shouted at :p
3. Probably not the best decision to bring in backing vocalists and a trumpet for a recording session, but they were young...
4. The studio version that is, it's too complex and the vocals aren't as good as on"Under A Blood Red Sky" for example
5. "The spark that sets the flame" is anywhere else than right there on that track, it just doesn't seem to "take off" properly.

Runner Ups:
Window In The Skies - Honestly, I've had enough of his "knees" by now. where has the inspiration gone, Bono? (Edge?) Larry and Adam is what kind of saves this song from being in the top 5.
I liked it it the beginning but since then I just have lost all interest in it.
Best line is "The sky over our head/We can reach it from our bed/If you let me in your heart/and out of my head/" as he sings it on the single version it sounds too lame on the album.

Lemon - I grew up listening to this song so it has a very special place in my heart, but I can't stand that scary/annoying squeaking noise out of time with the song, if they would have got rid of that, then Lemon would definatley not have been in this list.

I do not like these songs:
1.The Playboy Mansion
2.Miami
3.Is that all?
4.I throw a brick through a window
5.So cruel
6.Lemon
7.Your Blue Room
8.Elvis Presley and America
9. Stateless
10.A Man And a Woman

Last edited:
Jeffo17: What is with these Anti WITS people?
:wave:jeffo17: the title of this thread implicates to name the 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs...you like WITS? good for you! i don't! thats life;)

jacobus said:
:wave:jeffo17: the title of this thread implicates to name the 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs...you like WITS? good for you! i don't! thats life;)

I don't think its there best but there Worst??? Yikes!

1. Yahweh :mad:
2. One Step Closer. It just never grew on me.
3. THE WANDERER. What a SHIT end to such a great album.
4. Grace. It's a nice enough song when I'm in the mood, but it's just a bit boring.
5. Elvis Presley & America. :shrug:

I don't think any of these are terrible, as such, just the low points for me.

I'm surprised Mercy hasn't showed up in anyone's top 5 yet, I mean that's the ultimate bitch-fest song around here...
:eyebrow:

I guess it's the same for me with Window as some people with Mercy, some like it a lot others don't that's it really, I think.

Edit:
Oh yeah, another runner-up, Sunday Bloody Sunday (Album Version).

If I remember correctly, I've heard an identical version but without the violin.
I don't like the violin in the album version to me it doesn't sound very well organized, it just seems to pop in whenever someone felt like it.
Perhaps if they had worked more on it and put it somewhere where it makes sense then maybe they should have kept it, but not the way it is now.

Last edited:
1. Yahweh
2. Grace
3. Love Rescue Me
4. Indan Summer Sky
5. Some Days Are Better Than Others

5 of the dullest songs U2 have ever made. Claytons bassline in Some Days is alright but that's where my compliments end.

Windows in the Sky and The Saints are coming (if that counts as U2?) are definitely up there somewhere for me...

1. In A Little While
2. Stuck In A Moment
3. Peace On Earth
4. Love Rescue Me
5. So Cruel

notes:all these songs were better live, for 2 (vertigo version) &3 a lot better
I have a really hard time deciding 5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom