the Top 10 reasons..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
..why downloading music will never take the place of physical retail releases:

1. U2
2. Popmart
3. Live
4. In
5. Mexico
6. City
7. DVD
8. Special
9. Limited
10. Edition

holy crap.

That is all.

yep...try downloading that and printing it on your home comptuer!! ;)

goddamn the DTS signal is fucking GREAT! Bono's voice is so hot in the mix.

anyone want a popmart VHS cassette??

:lol:

I wanted to download it but I didn't even find limited edition... but now I'm saving money for Joshua Tree super duper extra limited edition with DVD and I cannot allow myself buying both. I'm poor student:( :mad: . So youtube must be enough for me...

I bought it last week and finally was able to watch it again after years I could not watch my VHS version. I swear I haven't watched it in at least 7/8 years and I remember everything!!!

I haven't watched the second DVD yet... I like to savour things....

When is JT remastered out again?

gabrielvox said:
definitely worth every last penny...i think I may even like it more than....

i better not say it, i'll get roasted alive!! :lol:

Say it.... it's even better than the ZooTV Release.... it kills it.

Now, if this would only convince Gabe & Co. 2 incorporate that PopMart encore of Discotheque (including the 700 snippets that Bono liked 2 throw in during this tour) and If You Wear That Velvet Dress in2 their live shows, I'd b one happy brotha!

PopUpEdge was worth the 20 bucks alone! But seriously yah that packaging is sweet, best DVD packaging ever. And the quality does beat the Zoo TV dvd, only because the weak audio on ZooTV makes me cry.

Please U2, give us a ZooTV dvd of a different show some day, one that has killer audio. ZooTV deserves better!

gabrielvox said:

1. U2
2. Popmart
3. Live
4. In
5. Mexico
6. City
7. DVD
8. Special
9. Limited
10. Edition

holy crap.

That is all.

thanx I'm downloading as we speak :up:

torrents :drool:

gabrielvox said:

1. U2
2. Popmart
3. Live
4. In
5. Mexico
6. City
7. DVD
8. Special
9. Limited
10. Edition

holy crap.

That is all.

Hehe, im kinda a downloading fanatic.... and i'm 5 hours from completing a 14gb torrent of the 2 disc dvd popmart... so i'm just saying its possible to have it still without buying. But i see the point man, i wish i had alot more money because i would buy them.

But i'm against itunes and downloading there music, its a rip off if you think about it. You can buy the same album and get it in full quality at the same price but if you want a little higher quality you gotta pay MORE than the album price. Its silly....

Last edited:
The Disciple said:
Now, if this would only convince Gabe & Co. 2 incorporate that PopMart encore of Discotheque (including the 700 snippets that Bono liked 2 throw in during this tour) and If You Wear That Velvet Dress in2 their live shows, I'd b one happy brotha!

Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of Popmart Discoteque....I'm ABSOLUTELY blown away by Vertigo Discoteque, to me it's what it would have been if they had had time to finish it properly.

I can definitely see the others on the horizon tho.... :wink:

I just hope for those torrenting that you get a full rip and not a divx or whatever...cause you won't get that DTS signal

that alone is worth the 20 bucks...well I guess if you have a proper reciever and all..

gabrielvox said:

Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of Popmart Discoteque....I'm ABSOLUTELY blown away by Vertigo Discoteque, to me it's what it would have been if they had had time to finish it properly.

I can definitely see the others on the horizon tho.... :wink:

The Vertigo version definitely took it 2 another level.... but I miss the snippets and even the Boom-cha's.... one way or another.... U must rehearse and per4m it! :drool:

Re: Re: the Top 10 reasons..

Visiongfx said:
You can buy the same album and get it in full quality at the same price but if you want a little higher quality you gotta pay MORE than the album price. Its silly....

Actually, the higher quality, DRM-free stuff in now the same price as everything in the store. It's up to the labels which option they choose.

Re: Re: Re: the Top 10 reasons..

Danny Boy said:

Actually, the higher quality, DRM-free stuff in now the same price as everything in the store. It's up to the labels which option they choose.

You can download all you want. You won't get the DTS stream unless you are downloading the originally compiled VOBs to burn straight to DVD and I don't think you can get that off iTunes (not as far as I know anyways) and you won't get the packaging. So you might as well just keep watching the vhs save the minor convenience factor of having a more modern type media (disc) or the flexibility to play it on your computer. but then again if you're into downloading so much you've likely already got a vhs-source digital copy of popmart anyways, so why bother??

trust me, the $25 is SO worth it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom