The Stars Go Blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYbrowneyedgirl

Acrobat
I just heard this song on the radio! The live duet with Bono and Andrea Corr. It sounded really good. Have they released it as a single? Has anyone else heard this on the radio? I did not expect to hear this, I just about fell out of my chair at work.

[This message has been edited by dipster (edited 04-23-2002).]

Originally posted by Ana:
I haven't heard it.
Is it a sad/romantic/joyful song?

It was kind of a romantic song, Bono's voice sounded very good. It was one of the songs they sang together at the VH1 Corrs special that was on not to long ago. I think the Corrs also released a CD of it. It sounded great!

It's beautiful...just like Bono....oh sorry thought I was in PLEBA...better get back
wink.gif

I have it on my website if you want to download it in mp3
smile.gif

------------------
"In my heart I'm not wearing any sunglasses baby"
Bono, to Larry, in response of being nervous on stage, 2000

*U2TakeMeHigher*

Originally posted by dipster:
I just heard this song on the radio! The live duet with Bono and Andrea Corr. It sounded really good. Have they released it as a single? Has anyone else heard this on the radio? I did not expect to hear this, I just about fell out of my chair at work.

[This message has been edited by dipster (edited 04-23-2002).]

The same thing happened to me....I heard this for the first time on the radio at work...I was NOT expecting it! It's a beautiful song...I love it...and I haven't been able to stop listening to it!

Originally posted by Ana:
I haven't heard it.
Is it a sad/romantic/joyful song?
Yep, it's a romantic song, very sweet and sexy.
It's a Ryan Adams song and the The Corrs/Bono version is supposed to be released as a single.
Here are the lyrics:

Dancin' where the stars go blue
Dancin' where the evening fell
Dancin' in your wooden shoes
In a wedding gown
Dancin' out on 7th street
Dancin' through the underground
Dancin' little marionette
Are you happy now?
Where do you go when you're lonely
Where do you go when you're blue
I'll follow you
When the stars go blue
Laughing with your pretty mouth
Laughing with your broken eyes
Laughing with your lover's tongue
In a lullaby
Where do you go when you're blue
I'll follow you
When the stars go blue
The stars go blue, stars go blue

BTW, Vh-1 has been re-running the special.

Originally posted by Lise:
I'm in NY too, what station did you hear it in? I haven't heard it, seems that everytime I hear the radio I miss a U2 song, I almost always hear it when it's ending.[/B]

I live in upstate NY, it was 101.5 FM a small town radio that plays a lot of U2. Even though they do play a lot of U2, it's not a "cutting edge" radio station, it's not a song I would have expected to hear on their playlist.

Yeah, I think it's gonna be released as a single.

Originally posted by NicaMom:

Laughing with your lover's tongue

Heehee. I love that line. Did you notice how Bono kinda smiles when he sings that part?
wink.gif

No prob Ana- don't forget to grab "Summer Wine" when you're there.. it's even better than stars go blue, imo! *so sexy*

To everyone who want to download the song I got it from www.u2guatemala.com .
Last time I was there it was gone but maybe they put it back again!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

[This message has been edited by MEMHPIS-EVE 007 (edited 04-25-2002).]

I'm on in the sticks...in a small city outside of DC...and I heard it here day before yesterday....

dream wanderer

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
No prob Ana- don't forget to grab "Summer Wine" when you're there.. it's even better than stars go blue, imo! *so sexy*

I agree! Such a sensual sounding song.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
oh sorry thought I was in PLEBA...better get back
wink.gif
I see posts like this one every day, but they always cause me to lmfao

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I have it on my website if you want to download it in mp3
smile.gif

Thanks Carrie! Your site is awesome too, BTW!

------------------
?....we?re being thrown out of the studio, we spent 10 minutes writing this next song, 10 minutes recording it, 10 minutes mixing it, 10 minutes playing it back and that?s nothing to do with why it?s called ?40??.? ? Bono - 4/29/87, Chicago, IL

Here's the big question: Does anyone know the date that Bono+Corrs recorded "Stars Go Blue" and "Summer Wine"? Does this Corrs live disc comprise one full show, or various performances in Dublin?

If anyone hasn't heard the original Ryan Adams recording of "When the Stars Go Blue," do so if possible. His version (since he wrote it) is also spectacular. It's on "Gold," which is a fine album.

I just happened to turn it to Vh1 when they sang that song. Wow! It sounded great! I have always loved Andrea's voice, and she and Bono sounded great together. I'll definitely have to get myself a copy of that CD.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by MixingBliss:
Does anyone know the date that Bono+Corrs recorded "Stars Go Blue" and "Summer Wine"? Does this Corrs live disc comprise one full show, or various performances in Dublin?

If anyone hasn't heard the original Ryan Adams recording of "When the Stars Go Blue," do so if possible. His version (since he wrote it) is also spectacular. It's on "Gold," which is a fine album.

I have both CD's and Ryan Adams version is also great , I love his album!
In the CD booklet for the corrs live in dublin album it says it was recorded on January 25, 2002. To my understanding the album is comprised of songs that they performed that day, so it's one full show.

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 04-26-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom