"The song that Bono played in his car on 60 Min?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
I saw the 60 Minutes last night for the first time with Bono as one of the features. Did anybody else see it when the interviewer was in his car and he started playing a song that they were working on. It was about is 2 girls and it sounded fuckin' amazing. Do any of you know what song this is? Or the name of it? I absolutly love it!

All I know is that it is a song written for his daughters explaining the difficulty of how a person should just act like who they are instead of trying to be someone else.
I believe that U2 are still working on it and it may be released on their next record...

Damn, i missed the repeat. I have the original 60 Minutes interview taped (from fall 2000) and don't remember this portion of the piece (i.e. Bono playing a song in his car). Was this a new portion added to the old piece?

I don't know because I didn't see it in 2000. But this one showed Bono driving around the streets of Dublin in his old Benz. The car was old enough to have a turn knob for the heat.

That song sounded very very cool, lots of very EDGY
smile.gif
type guitar and I bet it does end up somewhere eventually.

What do you think the name of the song might be? I remeber names being thrown around before ATYCLB came out like: "The Sun, The Moon and The Stars" or "Bulldozer"

The first 60 minutes show was shown back in February 2001 one week before the Grammy's. This year its the same thing again, but the show is an updated version of last years show which is cool plus there are new scenes, like BONO walking outside Windmill Lane with the interviewer and being in the car. Its great. They show them recording Stuck... and then mentioned that its now up for Song Of The Year! Perfect time to put this on the air. Should keep sales of the album going up this week.

A thing that i noted that's really cool. Even though Bono earns lots and lots a year- millions i.e. he still has a tiny little car to get himslef around in. That's just so awesome!
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

Back
Top Bottom