The second Heartland appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the tourist said:
Good morning, Heartland. I love you.

I can see it now ... by your bed is a CD with Heartland on it as many times as it will fit (15 times on an 80 minute CD) with a specially designed cover depicting the heartland, and every morning, you wake up, roll over, tell it you love it, and kiss it ...

Aardvark747 said:
I'm off to bed - but just before I go........:bump:

(promise kept to Axver to keep this thread pumping!):wink:

:up:

Shame we lost the first thread to the woes of being locked and archived!

I have the last post in that thread, I'm chuffed to say the least:sad: :wink:

Don't you just love it:drool:

Heartland

See the sunrise over her skin
Don't change it.
Dawn changes everything, everything.
And the delta sun
Burns bright and violent.

Mississippi and the cotton wool heat
Sixty-six - a highway speaks
Of deserts dry
Of cool green valleys
Gold and silver veins
All the shining cities
In this heartland
In this heartland
In this heartland.
Heaven knows
This is a heartland.
Heartland, our heartland.

She feels like water in my hand
Freeway, like a river
Cuts through this land
Into the side of love
Like a burning spear
And the poison rain
Like dirty tears
Through the ghostranch hills
Death Valley waters
In the towers of steel
Belief goes on and on
In this heartland
In this heartland
In this heartland
Heaven knows
This is a heartland.

i like heartland a lot (hell, i live in memphis and i've even slid down that hill, i guess i have to) but this is a bit much. the first thread had to be closed because it had 500 replies and now a second thread? :huh:

sorry but i just don't think any song is that great...

^ I guess us Heartland addicts just need more space to express our feelings towards this amazing song. That's why this is the second thread dedicated to :heart:land.

Axver said:

The Best Of 1980-1990 should have been a massive collection of every Lovetown show, then a disc of Heartland, then all 269 Hawkmoons, then every live performance of 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and then a remastered disc of The Unforgettable Fire, with live performances as bonus tracks.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING!!!

Heartland rocks my socks OFF!!!:drool: :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i like heartland a lot (hell, i live in memphis and i've even slid down that hill, i guess i have to) but this is a bit much. the first thread had to be closed because it had 500 replies and now a second thread? :huh:

sorry but i just don't think any song is that great...

We're just that cool. :wink:

We're also getting back at the Zoochtung fans for all their threads by having the ultimate Heartland lovefest. :wink:

prisz25 said:
Heartland rocks my socks OFF!!!:drool: :drool:

Not only does Heartland rock my socks off, it rocks them back on too! Heartland has immense powers. :rockon:

Heartland,
I'm struggling to type,
Give me hope is all this strife tonight,
Rivers flowing towards a Memphis Sun,
Carving names as they run,
Axver please make this thread into a historical yet quite nonsensical Heartland Love Inn,

I'm too tired to write poetry I'm near death ( Puts On Heartland, stares out window, accepts his fate)

KhanadaRhodes said:
btw axver i'm finally getting around to listening to your unforgettable fire playlist :wink:

:up: Hope you enjoy!

How is this not trolling??? Posting the same shit over and over again in different threads. And the same person posting like 200 times on the same thread. :huh:

Axver said:
:up: Hope you enjoy!
:drool: i like...no, love. unforgettable fire was my favourite album until i discovered achtung baby. it's still definitely in my top five though.

right now, i'm on promenade (the second spot). i'm tempted to remove bad though, and either eliminate it completely or replace it with a live version. :hmm:

Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad is one part of UF that I absolutely refuse to touch. For me, they flow as one song, so I kept them intact on the custom album. That's why Promenade's there twice. I think Promenade's the best song to come before The Unforgettable Fire, but I also can't bring myself to split Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad.

Hmm ... adding a live Bad after studio Bad could be an interesting mix, though ...

Maybe I'll put in Heartland too. :wink:

Live Bad and Heartland ... :drool:

It's like winning a million dollars just after a U2 gig.

i added it and gave it a listen. my god, the two songs were made to be played in that order or something. i've not tried it with any of the other live versions of bad i have, but that one works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom