The seasons of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
Thoughts after realizing I won't be seeing the band for a while.....

I first saw U2 live when they looked like desert cowboys. With his creme colored Stetson-ish hat and cow brown leather jacket, Bono walked down the stairs from high above and behind the stage and the crowd stood by the thousands, roared and waved hello, to which he returned a broad, slow wave.

I remember Zoo TV in '92. Walked in to the arena just as the Pixies were getting started. The house lights were up. When U2 took the stage, the crowd gave a warm welcome. It had been five years, and it was like we were seeing old friends again. I remember the televisions and the belly dancer. I remember Angel of Harlem on the B stage.

Popmart was yesterday. No, it was five years ago. Five years? Jeez... Bono in his robe, the band and the security staff ran down the aisle right beside me. I stood with several of my good friends. The huge screen blew us away. God I wish I could see that concert again.

Elevation was the best. Don't get me wrong -- all of the tours have been amazing -- but over the course of this tour I experienced so many more powerful moments than I had during shows past. (I also think Elevation has more "staying power" and has been more thoroughly imprinted in my mind because of all the media available now as opposed to years prior. Shortly after this tour started, we already had footage of the Miami opening on U2.com, and, of course, the mp3's were/are abundantly available. Plus, U2 have so frequently been on television this last year. They never used to do that).

Now it appears as though they will be gone for a while. When they come back, they'll be different. A little older, they'll be living in a new season of their lives, and so will we.

2001 was a good year.

2001 was indeed a very good year!

For selfish reasons, I'm glad they are not touring this summer, it'll save me money.
wink.gif

But I am heart broken for the fans around the world that didn't even get to see Elevation.

Thank goodness for media and web sites like this one, we can all re-live Elevation or any other tour as much as we want until they return.

God Bless U2

Back
Top Bottom