The "Saints..." rocked!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why just the end of Beautiful Day? (I know it sort of flowed, but still?) That part sucked, but the rest was great.

gibbo said:
Us UK fans can't get it!!!

channel 5 couldn't show it for some unknown reason and we can't get rhapsody cos it's american.

so if any nice US intereference user(are there any!!!:wink:) wants to treat us lot over here a link to the audio or video that would be rather nice!!!

I downloaded the video from last night no problem from the rhapsody site http://www.rhapsody.com/musicrising it was brill - loved the Skids cover.:drool: but the audio download is restricted to the US. It will probably be on youtube before too long anyway.

bah! i can't download the single cause i'm not american and for some reason i can't get teh video to work - keep on getting a network error :mad:

gonna have to wait till i get home and try from there

also - another request for a ysi link for the single please!!!

:scratch: have some people here been living under a rock or so?

--latest news--

Bono cut his hair.... he did that the first week of April 2006, in case you're wondering... so yea, that's almost half a year ago...

--

Im in the Uk so i was able to see the performance.

What was u2 like ?
Who was in u2 ?
wot was the whole setlist like ?
Wot was the hightlight ?
How was Bono ?

vaz02 said:
Im in the Uk so i was able to see the performance.

What was u2 like ?
Who was in u2 ?
wot was the whole setlist like ?
Wot was the hightlight ?
How was Bono ?

i mean unable

To give you my perspective, vaz...

All of U2 were playing, but it barelly showed Larry or Adam. On "The Saints are Coming" they had ALL of the rythm sections from both bands...the drums were very energetic/punchy, but I could'nt tell a difference in the bass lines. All in all, that set-up was so punk rock. Larry was using mallets, so i'm assuming he never played snare drum. First Edge and Green Day played "WMUWSE", which ended w/ a very short improv of House of the Rising Sun from BJ. Then Bono entered the stage singing the first lines of "Saints", which both bands played. The highlight for me was Edge's solo in "saints", as well as Bono's improved lyrics and mini-speech/rant during the solo. Oh yeah, the set ended w/ Beautiful Day, but I thought it was too short and eh, unorganized? It's hard to describe, but I felt that BD was a flop...

Overall: Awesome energy from both bands, but I think U2 were way better vocally...

It actually makes perfect sense why they only played half of 'Beautiful Day'. First, they only had a limited amount of time to do the entire set. Secondly, Green Day only played half of their song ('Wake Me Up When...'), so it really wouldn't have been fair if U2 got to play 'Beautfiul Day' in full. Thirdly, it was all set up like a transition piece. A medley, as they call it. 'Wake Me Up' and 'Beautiful Day' were simply bookenders to the main song, 'The Saints Are Coming'. Considering these limitations, I think that they showcased the best of 'Beautiful Day' (let's face it, the verses were never the most stunning, musically speaking), and did a fantastic job.

Did anyone else think it was really cool when it was just Billie Joe and Edge by themselves? I loved hearing Edge playing Wake Me Up When September Ends. Never realized how Edge-like the guitar in that song is.

Michael Griffiths said:
It actually makes perfect sense why they only played half of 'Beautiful Day'. First, they only had a limited amount of time to do the entire set. Secondly, Green Day only played half of their song ('Wake Me Up When...'), so it really wouldn't have been fair if U2 got to play 'Beautfiul Day' in full. Thirdly, it was all set up like a transition piece. A medley, as they call it. 'Wake Me Up' and 'Beautiful Day' were simply bookenders to the main song, 'The Saints Are Coming'. Considering these limitations, I think that they showcased the best of 'Beautiful Day' (let's face it, the verses were never the most stunning, musically speaking), and did a fantastic job.

Well said. I was disappointed at first that we only got the end of BD, but as a medley and theme, it worked really well.

A local radio station played most of the set this morning, and it still rocked hard. Loved it!

bsp77 said:
Did anyone else think it was really cool when it was just Billie Joe and Edge by themselves? I loved hearing Edge playing Wake Me Up When September Ends. Never realized how Edge-like the guitar in that song is.

:lol:

When Edge started playing the opening notes, I thought it was I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For!

Someone needs to update that link :p

It's too bad that "The Saints Are Coming" isn't available through itunes... who the hell uses rhapsody??

Catman said:
Someone needs to update that link :p

It's too bad that "The Saints Are Coming" isn't available through itunes... who the hell uses rhapsody??

real player users .... like who the hell uses that.

Living so close to New Orleans and having so many refugees come to Ft. Worth I was really caught up in the emotion of the whole evening....I loved the performance!! I am sure it meant so much to the people there and the team! Y'all lay off Bono I am one year younger than he is and getting older sucks...weight, hair etc!!!! lmao Susan

bsp77 said:

Ya, I thought that was great!
I think Bono is such a class act... he let them shine in the spotlight for most of the performance! :rockon: :heart:

Well I was there on the field and I couldnt hear shit. I couldnt even tell when they changed songs. It looked great though. Larry didnt beat the snot out of anything, it looked like he was barely tapping. They didnt look old at all though and it was crazy to see Edge then when Bono came out it was hard o take my eyes off him, he definitely is an attention grabber.

t8thgr8 said:
Well I was there on the field and I couldnt hear shit. I couldnt even tell when they changed songs. It looked great though. Larry didnt beat the snot out of anything, it looked like he was barely tapping. They didnt look old at all though and it was crazy to see Edge then when Bono came out it was hard o take my eyes off him, he definitely is an attention grabber.

The PA stacks were on the Perimeter of the field, right?

I know demand for game tickets werecrazy, but how hard was it to get "GA" infront of the stage?

Back
Top Bottom