The Rolling Stone List...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
This list is very creepy...

Cox News: Rolling Stone's all-time list of favorite artists

http://www.coxnews.com
September 4, 2001
From Cox News:

Posthumously, Aaliyah's Tops on Rolling Stone List (9/04)
Phil Fernandez

Aaliyah, who died in a plane crash off the Bahamas last weekend, popped to the top
this week of the Rolling Stone chart (www.rollingstone.com/charts/) of most popular
all-time singers as voted on by Internet users. She wasn't even in the Top 50 the previous
week. Here's a look at Rolling Stone's all-time list of favorite artists prior to Aaliyah
joining the list.

1. The Beatles

2. Stevie Nicks

3. 'N Sync

4. R.E.M.

5. Bob Dylan

6. Led Zeppelin

7. Jose Feliciano

8. John Lennon

9. Dave Matthews Band

10. Nirvana

11. U2

12. Radiohead

13. The Go-Go's

14. Aerosmith

15. Pearl Jam

16. Guns n' Roses

17. Weezer

18. Blink-182

19. Destiny's Child

20. Metallica

------------------
"I'm already gone... Felt that way all along..."

and no QUEEN , truly original holding by money and stereotypes Rolling Stone Prostitute/WHORE american traditional shit cake - that's what it is
wink.gif

Excuse me sir, where are the Who and the Rolling Stones goddammit??

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Buy Q magazine.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by pvanort:

1. The Beatles

2. Stevie Nicks

3. 'N Sync

4. R.E.M.

5. Bob Dylan

6. Led Zeppelin

7. Jose Feliciano

8. John Lennon

9. Dave Matthews Band

10. Nirvana

11. U2

12. Radiohead

13. The Go-Go's

14. Aerosmith

15. Pearl Jam

16. Guns n' Roses

17. Weezer

18. Blink-182

19. Destiny's Child

20. Metallica

Hang on this chart is a weekly so its subject to change every week but who the feck is Jose Feliciano, is he some Opera singer or something?

OH for FECK'S sake! N'Sync in?!?!? The Go-Gos!?!?!? Jaysus, so this is the flavour of the month for Yanks huh???
rolleyes.gif

I dont give a feck for these kind of charts....its meaningless......I very much prefer to know about new bands, singers etc etc plus listening to favourites including U2 and so on..... not these stupid charts.....the only good thing about it is that it always starts a flaming row about the merits of The Who against N'Sync....hmmm actually Id love to see how fans of both of those bands would battle it out with each other.....bound to be some fireworks there!
biggrin.gif

dougal

This is an internet user poll, and everyone knows that people on the internet are either crazy or stupid!
biggrin.gif
Besides, all it takes are a determined group of super fans, a Java applet that hikes the voting, and anyone can be on the top!

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Originally posted by sharky:
Buy Q magazine.

I so totally agree, Q is the best music mag out there in the world, I just picked up the newest copy to make it to the shores of Australia yesterday and was able to catch up on all the decent happenings in the world of music, and the other thing I love about Q is that they have awesome CD samplers, like the one I got yesterday had a very nice CD attached with 21 superb songs on it, and BTW my fave CD from Q has been 'The best songs from the best albums of 1999'- every song on that one is excellent- LONG LIVE Q
smile.gif

Originally posted by dougal55:
Hang on this chart is a weekly so its subject to change every week but who the feck is Jose Feliciano, is he some Opera singer or something?

If I recall correctly, he's the guy that sang "Feliz Navidad".

Other Q supporters! Yeah! It costs $8 here in the US but I always go down to the Virgin Megastore to buy it because I know its worth it-- and the CDs do rock. When you pay $8 for a great mag and a great CD, its a total bargain. At this point, RS is $3.50 or something when it really only has a $1 of good material.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom