The Refugee VS. Scarlet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song do you prefer?

• The Refugee

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Scarlet

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Which song do you think is better?

I pick "the Refugee".

I pick Refugee too. I think the music for Scarlet is really beautiful, but the fact that it only has one word repeated over and over gets on my nerves.

Definately "Scarlet"

"The Refugee" is laughable at best. "Scarlet" is a wonderful instrumental. That's what I think of it as, really, just an instrumental. Bono's vocal is another instrument.

sting, if you'd like, i can add a poll to this thread for you.

anyway, my vote goes to scarlet. i look at it like a pretty instrumental, acrobat pretty much summed up my opinion of the song.

Scarlet

The only thing bearable about The Refugee is the intro. Scarlet is beautiful.

C ya!

Marty

Personally, I definitely think Scarlet. I was listening to that earlier, and it's beautiful. The Refugee has never really appealled to me.

KhanadaRhodes,

Add that poll to the thread when you get the chance. Thanks!

'Scarlet' is really the first time U2 tapped deep into their gift, kind of the doorway into the future of U2. It encompasses everything U2 would be sonically, in a sense shining through the prism of U2. It's a gorgeous piece of music, depicting the tap drumming, the minimal guitar picking--the first sign of the "silver" sound in Edge's playing--and a hypnotic and spiritual vocal. This is U2 at their most innocent...and looking straight into themselves.

So yes, I pick 'Scarlet'.

Last edited:
'Scarlet' - an incredibly beautiful piece of music. I believe if U2 were to ever hold a press conference announcing their retirement then 'Scarlet' would played as the event ended and they were leaving the table and walking out of the room. The same goes if it were their last concert -'Scarlet' ought to be played on repeat on the PA system as the audience leaves the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom